BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Life sometimes gets in the way.....

Man, lately I've had nothing. Nothing at all to write about. Nothing funny anyway. Sometimes this happens to me. I get in this ummmmmm lets call it a mood, shall we. I've dealt with these moods for many years and know that it will pass. Doesn't make it any easier to go through. I've been reading some blogs out there in blog-land and it is interesting to me that there are others going through it at the same time....and writing about it. It's not an easy thing to understand unless you go through it yourself. The being tired. The feelings of anxiety. Being sad for no good reason at all. Feeling like it takes a tremendous effort to get up in the morning and put your best face out there. It can't be easy for the family either to watch you struggle.
My family is really good about the whole thing. They know it's something I struggle with from time to time. It lasts a couple of days and then I'm able to get a handle on it and life continues for months at a time til it hits again. There are many things I do to get myself out of it...I won't bore you with all the details...but if you are struggling with it to here are three things you can do that have always helped me...

1. Get out of the house. Call your best girls and go out. For lunch. Shopping. Get a pedicure. Go to the library and stock up on some books. Don't have any money?? Call your "besties" and invite yourself over for some coffee and the kind of understanding only another woman can give.
Go to the mall and get a small soda and some popcorn and then wait on a comfortable bench for the crazies to walk on past. You and your girls can ask each other "what the heck kinda mirror was she lookin in this morning?!" laugh a bit and you will feel better.

2. Cut yourself a break. So you struggle a bit. Who doesn't??! Really, you'd be surprised. Tell yourself that this to shall pass. Give yourself a day or two. Maybe curl up in your softest blanket and watch Friends on DVD. Get out your prettiest tea-pot, get out the good cookies you hide in the cupboard for just such a time and have an hour or two for yourself. Tell yourself that you will get through. It doesn't last forever. Just sucks while you are in the throes of it.

3. Talk about it. This is the big one. Tell someone you trust that you are going through a tough time right now. That there is really no reason, you are just struggling. Let someone else be there for you. Really, talking about it helps.

Okay, enough of the "Serious" for now. I am off to get myself ready to take Walker Jen out to SDot so she can buy some pretties for her Empire. Just wanted you to know that if you happen to be "going through it" I feel for you. I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo get it. Believe me. Hang in there. This too will pass. It will.

8 comments:

My Thanh said...

Man, I felt like that this afternoon. The day had gone well, but then my 2 year-old woke up from his nap on the wrong side of the crib. And instead of telling me what's wrong, he just cried and got mad at me and wanted to be held but didn't want me to touch him, etc. And I felt going somewhere else for a while.
Thankfully, the little man got over it and life went on as usual. I guess I'll keep him after all.
Hang in there!

Lauren The Artist said...

Dawn, I'm glad you are on an upswing. Lets go to Sdot and see what the crazies are wearing today. I know I'll have on my orange hi-heel boots, green oversized tank top and cut-off slacks. ~jen~


HAHAHA- you know I'm joking!!! ...or am I???

Chocolate Cat said...

Sure am hoping the postie delivers something to you soon! Must of known to add a little extra to it!!! although realise I've just spoilt the surprise now!

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing what many of us feel but are anxious about.

Anonymous said...

You are probably one of the strongest women I know. I go through moments like that and I can't and don't know how to talk to others about it. I admire how you do it. You giv eme hope. Thanks Dawn.

Anonymous said...

in case you are in need of a smile... you can find one on my blog! Love you dawny doodles!

fireballmalone said...

hey jelly bean. When your feeling a little bit o ennui, think about cocktails and bbq when get back to the states. I miss you and can't wait to party. Love ya'. Email me.
Your lil bro,
Mike

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi sweetie, know exactly what you mean!! Sorry I haven't visited for a coffee for a while...jolly life!!!
So impressed with all thw quilting going on there, well done you....and recorder at 7am-pleaaaase NO!!!
lol Tracey