BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Prom...

Tonight is the night of your senior prom. Your tailor made, thank you very much, suit was picked up yesterday with a tie to match your date's dress. The corsage is in the fridge and you are smelling like heaven itself. I must admit my heart is a little bruised watching as you get ready. When did you grow up?? I don't remember telling you that it was okay.



I catch glimpses of that little boy who stole my heart 18 years ago. Here you are taking time out of your Prom preparation to play a little X-Box 360 with your best friend.
And then you walk by fixing your tie asking if you look all right.
You look wonderful to these eyes. Just as wonderful as you did such a short time ago when they placed you in my arms for the very first time.
Here is one of your best friends..ignore the naked walls...my pictures are on a slow boat to the states...sob!
This guy.....
and this guy are your Ace-Boon-Coons. Your buds. Your amigos. They run tame here at Chez Owens and eat me out of house and home regularly. Shhhh don't tell them but I think they are magnificent...even with the whole eating all my food thing.
When did you get taller then your dad? When my love?? While you were getting all cutie-fied I remembered a time when you were around 3 1/2. I had just had your sister and was feeling mighty fat. Your daddy had a function that we had to attend. It was semi-formal so I took myself off to the mall that day to look for a dress. Man oh man was that ever depressing! I'd had a baby three weeks ago...no dress fit. I finally found something three hours before the function, came home, showered, did my hair and tried not to cry with how much I did not want to go to this thing. You walked by the bathroom where I was doing some last minute hair fluffing and your eyes got big. You looked up at me and in your little boy voice you said, "Mommy! Are you a princess?" Oh my son. In just that moment I sure did feel like one.
In just a few short days you will graduate High School. You're staring manhood in the face.
We can see you are mightily impressed with that fact.
Have a good time tonight son!
I'm proud of you.

13 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

They are good looking boys. Sure, that last picture is screaming "I want to find trouble!!" But I'm sure they'll stay clear. Hang in there! ~jen~

Jeanne said...

Ha -- taller than Dad! Don't they grow up FAST?!
Jeanne :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

You poor poor thing, your baby is just about grown (and I am so with you on the dress thing!!).
Love all the moving updates as well, what was that mover doing putting clothes back on...and I laugher 9with some level of understanding!!!) about the builders finding the book! You go sister! Tracey

Anonymous said...

HELLO! A post like this should always start with "Kleenex Warning".

Wow! handsome to no end...

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Lil said...

What a great memory but tinged with sadness too. =(

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet post.

mascanlon said...

Oh my what good looking young men. Looking forward to the pictures with the dates too! And the move day commentary was way funny but so real! Thanks for letting us all sleep safe in our beds!

Jenna said...

Those are some good pictures and stories to go along with them. That will be me sooner than I'd like to think!

buffi said...

No fair making me cry! He's just too handsome for words. How can you stand it?!

Mary Johnson said...

Very handsome! I remember feeling sad that my boys were growing up and then they went to college and moved out....and life was good!

I will however admit that leaving them both in GA when we moved last year was hard - MN is a long way from GA.

Leigh said...

I have a tear in my eye! Little boys and their mommies. What a bond. I am going to sit with mine extra long tonight and just hug him. He is only 8, but 10 years will fly by. Makes my heart ache just thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

I remember a young woman of 18 who looked like Cinderella in her iced blue dress and heels. You took my breath away. The major select was the most handsome guy at the dance. You two were the king and queen. So wonderful that you married your prince, even if he is a guy sometimes. Ant is sooo darling. Can't wait to plant a huge kiss on his cheek.Love Grandma A Go
Go

Chocolate Cat said...

Hope the prom went well. What a handsome son! and how grown up. I totally relate to remembering when they were just little tots, and trust me some days wish they still were!!