BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A New Quilt....


When I was at Leigh's house a couple of weeks ago we stopped by a fantastic quilt store called A Sewing Basket. This quilt was on their wall and called out to me to buy the kit. Yes, of course I listened and bought it right away. It's called The Hidden Cross and I thought it would be perfect for my Mother In Law. The only thing.....it's to big for my quilt frame so this baby is going to have to be sent out to my quilter.... Ms. Karen this quilt will be coming your way on payday. :)

It went together really fast....like a couple of days. Plus it was a lot of fun. It has been raining a bit here so sitting in front of my window watching the rain come down while quilting away and listening to the radio has been heaven for me.

Happy quilting everyone!!

7 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Oh, how pretty, Dawn! Love the subtleties in the pattern!

Lauren The Artist said...

That is really nice. Great work!

Mary Johnson said...

That's quick work!

I have an Aunt that I quilt for and she told my Mom she's working on two King size quilts -- Mom told her that my frame was too small and that she would have to send them to my sister which is OK by me! For the most part the 10 foot frame works well but there are times I miss the 12 foot one I had in GA.

Leigh said...

Lovely! She will love it! And your visit was way more that a few weeks ago...........it was too long ago!

mascanlon said...

Very nice, interesting pattern. I have the baby quilt all pin basted and ready to go. Someday I'll be showing it off!

~ruthie said...

need.more.updates.

Jeri is said...

Dawn, thank you for sending me a note yesterday. I appreciate it. But, where you been, girl? It's been so long since we've heard from you! Hope all is well...