BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 26, 2009

Wha???

Dear Mall Down The Street,

Ahem. When I am trying to explain to my niece with the very cute shape that she can choose a one piece bathing suit or a very lovely tank-eenie why do you work against me?? We found one....count it....one tank-eenie in the whole mall that we both agreed upon. Then it was to big on her size -5 frame. You must work on this as soon as possible as we are wasting summer time over here at Chez' Amish Owens Of The Cover Your Damn Selves home. Also?? Can we discuss your employees?? Especially the very cute girl at Store Every Teenager Loves. I don't mean to tell on anyone but when asked where the tank-eenies were I did not appreciate her blank stare or her look of confusion when she glanced at my niece. I could hear her, you know, saying to another co-worker "Why does she want to make her wear something like that???!" I understand her not understanding especially with her wondrous tattooed "bubbies" (kisses Real Housewives of New Jersey!!!) hanging out for all to see. Everywhere we went we were met with "Tank-eenies?? One piece suits????" then you employees shuddered and went to the other side of the store. So Mall, do you understand my frustration?? Not one suit to be had. Sore feet? Check. A frosted cookie eaten by one very tired Aunt?? Check. A neice who is fabulous and bought herself a dress instead?? Check. A bathing suit?? No. No check.

Tomorrow we go back.

God help me.

11 comments:

secondofwett said...

Well, I was going to tell you that I had the same problem w/my 15 yr old and that we finally found a one npiece suit that we could agree on at the Walmart...but then I saw you're in Korea....I don't think Walmart's got there yet....:0)...sorry!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

The 15 yr. old niece's mother is no doubt remembering you in her prayers....and giggling under her breathe, "Better you than me." But really, so many of the clothes teenage girls wear now make them look positively slutty. Don't they realize? Anything for attention? The Amish have a good thing going & don't even realize it.

Maria said...

I have an 18 year old niece who really, really needs to be in a one piece suit. But, alas, she seems to feel that her size 22 body looks just fine in a bikini.

Don't get me wrong. I want her to love herself, but I also want her to know that she jiggles when she walks.

mascanlon said...

So sometimes the department stores have them....but the price is usually outrageous....

Leigh said...

I hate the mall! All malls! have you tried WalMart or Target, even Old Navy? Bikinis are everywhere, tiny bikinis too, and most people just cannot (should not) wear a bikini!

Lauren The Artist said...

How about Old Navy? Check 'em out online first, so you don't have to deal with the baffled employee. :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am hearing you, the world does not need to see all my girl's skin...or overly much of mine either!! we solve the problem a lot bu having a rash vest (lycra type swim t-shirt) over the top, that's cool here because of the skin cancer threat, but you still need one pieces for indoor pools.
Love the quilt you made, and retaining water pic LOL!! Tracey

Stephanie D said...

Good luck--and kudos to you both for persisting!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

So what you're saying on my blog is that you DON'T want warts in your mouth? :)

Hallie
http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

Jodi said...

Walmart! Unless it is too late in the season. Then check walmart.com

I have to get my kids swimsuits early in the season to get the tankini ones. Otherwise all that is left are bikinis.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I agree that the stores do have a conspiracy against us. One day I wanted a simple blouse for my daughter. We went to a big department store with lots of options. Looked around forever, and finally asked a salesperson. "Excuse me, do you sell blouses for young teenagers that don't show cleavage?" Nope, they didn't!