BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 29, 2008

Books...

My husband, the love of my life, the father of my chil-ren, the cheese to my macaroni...has a serious problem. He refuses to let me read any of his books before he's had a chance to read them. Hmph. It, of course, makes me mad and also makes me want to read them even more. Now I can see you out there scratching your head in wonder. Why won't he let her read his books you are saying to yourself. I will tell you. In 7th grade one of our required classes was a speed reading class. I have loved to read ever since, well, ever since I can remember. If you take a girl who loves to read and couple that with a speed reading class you get a fast reader. With no back patting and no boastfulness abounding I say with all honesty....I read fast. It is not something I can help. I devour everything written. I love the classics, comics, romances, thrillers, books about dogs, cats, men, women, men and women who wish they were women and men. You name it, I love to read about it. I read Steven Kings The Stand in a day. Yeah. I am a freak of nature. Now the hubby loves this about me but absolutely refuses to let me read a book of his. He hates....Hates!! it that I can read a book in under two hours that takes him a couple of days. He is a night-time-before-bed reader. He likes to read a chapter and then go to sleep. Me?? No. I cannot put a book down once it has me. As I read it's like a movie playing in my head and I can tune everything out and even forget where I am. Laughing out loud is a given. Sometimes when I am reading in bed I try to hold in my laughter and it makes the bed shake and then the Capt wakes up and gives me The Look.



Why have I told you this?? Cause we are fighting over a book. A Robert Parker book. He is one of my favorites!!!!!! He makes me laugh. I luuuuuuuuuvs him! The hubby checked out the book yesterday while we were at the library. I checked out three books and have read them already. (remember...freak) I was looking for something to read after church today when I saw his book. He felt a disturbance in the force and looked over at me...catching me looking at "The Book". We both made a mad dash for it. He won. A very childish wrestling over "The Book" commenced. I lost. I have tried to get at that book all day long. He has been carrying it around with him and sitting with it in his lap. I am not amused. He is. I am determined to read the book. I plan on waiting for him to fall asleep tonight and then I am going to sneak downstairs. I am going to make a cup of tea and maybe a small bowl of pretzels. Then I am going to READ THAT BOOK!!!


If that doesn't work then I am going to withhold sesssssual relations! That'll fix im!

7 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

We don't fight over books since Keith doesn't read all that much (he prefers the newspaper and magazines) BUT I'm like you - I read A LOT and I read fast.

I have a hard time keeping my Shelfari bookshelf updated since I'm always reading and with the blog, people are always writing and recommending books.

I hope you manage to steal the book away and have it read before he knows it's gone.

Lauren The Artist said...

You sneaky rascal. =)

Sweet P said...

Did you get to read the book? I don't read as much as I used to, but when I do I like biographies, historical books and quilt books.

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on this...hate it! I sometimes have to wait a week before I get a book that he has checked out ~ even if he has 2-3 books on reserve I still don't get read them first!

Cutting him off might work...me, I am unwilling to give up - you-know-what just to read a book.

Speed Readers R Us!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

Jodi said...

I am ROFLOL!

I hope he gave in and gave you the book before you had to withhold anything. :)

Chocolate Cat said...

So did you read the book before the 'Capt'n'?????? I get very grumpy if someone trys to read my newspaper, magazine or book before me!! I have even been known to hide some when family are visiting!!

My Thanh said...

I, too, love to read books straight through. Reading a little at a time is like watching part of a movie. Don't you want to know how it ends?

My husband isn't a book person, though, I haven't had any problems there.

But I do have trouble finding time to read. My pesky kids have this pressing need for my attention. Everytime they see me lying down with a book, they sense weakness and go in for the attack. And once I have them in bed for the night, my husband wants me to pay attention to him. These men of mine are so needy!