BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 01, 2008

IKEA....

We needed a few things for the house so I looked online the other day to see if there was an IKEA nearby. Oh my, was there ever! We decided to wait until payday and then hit it and hit it hard. Saturday was designated IKEA Shopping Extravaganza Day. Guess what time I woke up on Saturday?? Hmmmmm? 4am. I was so excited to be getting some dressers for our rooms and getting the Capt's clothes put away that I couldn't sleep. I had visions of not stepping on his piles anymore....of him having a place to put stuff away in....of finally getting the big closet.

Ladies, how many outfits does one man need?????

Anyway, we took Middle Daughter with us. She is almost 16 and has definite ideas as to how her room should look. We got to the store an hour before it opened, hmmmmmmmmmmm what to do?? My idea of breakfast was seconded and we were off! If you haven't eaten some pancakes at Bob Evans you haven't lived. I got the blueberry stuffed stack with a side of bacon. I smiled the whole time. :) Doesn't take much folks.

After breakfast we went back to IKEA to shop like my momma taught me. I made her proud that day. I don't mean to brag but you know that store where they give the contestant a shopping cart and five minutes to fill it?? Oh int-netz...I would totally kill!! We rolled out of there with two large trolleys and a large shopping cart filled with some furniture...a chair....a desk chair....some organizational wonders....and a few other odds and ends I deemed "new house worthy." When we left the IKEA gods gave me a standing ovation and I think I even saw one wiping away some tears of gratitude. The Capt was a different story. He kept muttering about how someone should've warned him about the whole shopping thing before he married me. I told him to buck up bucky and to take me to Starbucks cause after all that shopping I was feeling a little parched.

Us Trophy Wives get parched easily after a day of breakfasting and shopping.
Today we are putting everything together. Let us hope we don't kill each other. :)

12 comments:

Jodi said...

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

You make me giggle! I wanna shop with you!

Lauren The Artist said...

Note to self- next time don't bring the Capt. HAHAH. I'm glad your house is covered in F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S. Jodi's right- we need pics! ~jen~

Chocolate Cat said...

Ikea is one of my favorite! shops. I just don't get there very often at all. Now I need to know are you and the Capt and the kids still talking to each other after a day of construction????
Oh and brekky sounded Yum!

QuiltingFitzy said...

OMG, Bob Evans. I.miss.it.so.much. I love their gravy! Used to be able to even buy it in the grocery in Ohio! I guess it doesn't travel well, it's NOT for sale in the desert, lol.

No IKEA here either, dang girl, you've SCORED!

Anonymous said...

IKEA=DANGER!

I love to go there. It's about 45 from here, so with gas prices and all, haven't made the trip in awhile. But it is a field trip to me. So much to explore, and so many things you must have, can't live without, that you didn't even know existed! Next time you go, pick up a bag of their Swedish Meatballs, and a jar of the sauce. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend!!!Ikea is very adictive, you've been warned! Is also a place better visited without husbands...Me miss ya'
Ms Carmen

Fannie said...

You had me at bacon!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The Ikea store is new, and there was probably a writeup in all of the newspapers throughout the state. Big lines for the grand opening!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

YUM, I do love Bob Evans for breakfast! Can't wait to see what the purchases included.

Julianne said...

I love IKEA! I wish we had one closer. It's two hours away but still worth the trip on a Saturday for me.

Mary Johnson said...

Ikea is great but putting it all together is quite a job....always my job since I'm much better at reading directions than Keith.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I helped my daughter and her boyfriend move into their first post-college place--it involved a$700 worth of IKEA--he was dazed and confused by the time we left!