BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The State Of The Country....

As I sit here and watch the news this morning, drinking a very lovely cup of coffee, I can feel my heart beating faster and faster. What is going on out there? Could we really, in this day and age, have another Great Depression? An analyst came on one of the morning news shows talking about having some actual cash in our homes. This is a just in case measure. Just in case we go to use our ATM cards and there is no money in the machine. Could there really ever not be money in the machine??! There has been many a talk in our home and one Come To Jesus discussion between me and the hubby. More the hubby than me. He was like E.F. Hutton...as he talked about our finances and what was to happen with them during the next three years I sat and listened. My dreams of shopping like my momma taught me dieing a miserable death. Every couple of minutes he would ask me if I understood. I said yes but in my head I was thinking/shouting noNONONONO....no. It is unavoidable though. We all must make some changes in our spending and our saving and our bill paying ways.



The writing is on the wall. It's time to start reading.

1 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I think you should tell the Capt that he should have enough cash hidden in a safe to help you keep your shopping tendencies satisfied. A month's worth in each envelope. Just kidding. I think this is a time I am grateful for my stash hoarding tendencies.