BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 27, 2009

life and times with OCD.... :)

So this morning I woke up to my OCD raring to go and do a little sumpin sumpin in the house. My niece has been here for the summer and we've been running hither and yon. I am in the car taking teens places more then not it seems. This morning my inner self had enough. I woke up to the OCD dawn telling me that today I was going to clean. I mean really deep down clean. Take the curtains off.....wash them...fabric softener them...hang em up wet with windows open....use any and all attatchments on the vacuum and attack the dust bunnies....tear apart Boo-Bears room and buy her a cute little 9 block cubbie from Meijer....wash rugs....take another look around and decide the kids are getting in the way and kick everyone out...that kind of clean.
When my kiddos realized that I wanted them out of the house they breathed a sigh of relief. I've worked very hard at trying to control the cleaning monster inside of me so it doesn't affect my kiddos. Two are out and two are at the pool. The hubby is gone. I have a brand new industrial size bottle of Pine Sol and I'm not afraid to use it.
Even the dog is hiding under a bed. She knows when I get like this it's bath time for her.
Okay, I'm off. I need to find another USB cord for the camera so I can download some pics. I guess that means I will be also cleaning out closets.
Have a great Sunday everyone!!

6 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

Do you want to come to my house to clean too?? I keep threatening to get a cleaning service but I have too much clutter so I keep putting it off.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Oh, Dawn. Your ambition is making me feel tired............and really lazy.

mascanlon said...

I have had a busy day too Dawn. I have to tear down my sewing room (which is a big fat mess form 4 months of playing and not pick up) so that we can use it as a guest bedroom for my DGD next week. Ugh! I hate finding all these projects and bags of "maybe someday" ideas etc and having to find a place for them in my already crowded storage space. And I have 3 quilts with the binding on and ready to sit and watch TV...like the 8 hrs of Cronkite remembers, wow, very good through the first 4 hrs!

Jodi said...

Wow! Your house will be minty fresh in no time. :D

And I don't kick my kids out, I make em help. :D Or go clean there rooms, which does get them out of my way.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I do that too. Minus the rug washing cuz we don't have any!

Hallie

Chocolate Cat said...

I know it must drive you mad but I'm sure my house would thank me if I could just channel your OCD and energy for just one day! Once its done and clean make sure you sit and enjoy!