BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Who in their right mind calls these the Lazy Days Of Summer????? Where is the lazy I ask you??? I was trying to catch up on some blogs and realized I hadn't posted anything on mine in like a coons age! To say I am ready for these chil-ren of mine to go back to school so I can get some rest is an understatement. I am tired int-netz. Oh so very tired. Yesterday my soul screamed enough!!! Enough I say!!! and I quilted. I informed the house that I was not getting in the car even if wild horses charged in here. I was not answering any questions. I was not listening to anybodies life stories. I was not getting up to rub any ones back while they threw up.....yeah, that one was fun at 3am the other night. "Mommy! I'm going to throw up! You might want to come in here and rub my back!" Oh might I???? Lucky lucky me. heh.
So yeah, yesterday I shut the door to my little oasis and took my time quilting. I cut. I pinned. I ironed. I didn't really get anything done. I just enjoyed the process. If I can find my camera I'll take some pics today. The colors I'm using are just delicious! I am off now to get the house picked up a little and get back to my sewing machine. Hope you all are hanging in there and having piece-full days. (get it...piece...like quilting....BWAHAHAHAHAHA)
Summer is almost over moms!! huzzah.

7 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Your sewing oasis needs a dead bolt. :) ...for sanity's sake, of course...

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I remember the Lazy Days of Summer....barely. It was about 50 yrs. ago when I was about 7 and summer lasted forever & I was too little to do any real farm work. Just a few short yrs. later those days were past. My kids are grown & gone out on their own now but summers just seem really hot & really humid now, but they still go by really fast.

Chocolate Cat said...

If you are using such delicious fabrics AND getting some sewing done we need photos!!!!! Find that camera now!!

mascanlon said...

No lazy days for me either even with no kids at home. I am getting ready for my step daughter and her family to come visit us for 8 days. Can't wait for them to be here but it does entail taking my sewing room apart so the teenage DGD have a place to sleep. Its a job and half!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Our summer has been lazy. My 15 year old requires very little attention and is barely home anyway. Thankfully, his closest friends live within walking distance so he just comes and goes as needed.

Hallie

Jodi said...

I am not ready! I want my kids to stay home for a few more months. :D

But I totally get what you mean about needing a break.

Have fun quilting!

Stephanie D said...

No kids at home (unless you count the dog and the hubby), but I swear, the days have just flown by! The only time I've spent lying in the hammock was when I got tired doing the yard work and needed to rest a few minutes.

I must be doing something wrong.