BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 31, 2009

So yeah, not a whole lot of blog posting going on over here at Chez' Owens. This summer...gah...this summer. I have three girls....counting the niece....living under one roof. All needing special time with the woman of the house. Two are close walkers and I am tripping constantly. Two are always wanting to sit on top of me. Two...count em girlfriends...two. Yesterday?? Major Mall Fail. It was the day I lost it in the mall. In front of God and everyone. I imagine people are still talking about it this morning.

It all started at Panera. I had The Two with me. One was rubbing my back standing on my foot and asking me if I was stressed..no...the other was picking any and all stray threads off of me that had wandered there from a day of quilting Christmas stuff and standing on the other foot. Every time I moved forward they would re-adjust. The man in front of me watched it all in fascination. After dinner we went to the mall where one of The Two had to....just had to...try on 85421 pairs of jeans to make sure she had a good fit. I?? Gave her ten minutes and then threatened to leave. Got up to pay when she realized she read the sale sign wrong. Then The Two proceeded to walk on me and each tried to rub my back and ask if I was stressed and one kept saying I'm sorry and then it happened. Something that has been bubbling up in me for awhile and yes int-netz. I lost it. Right there. I was a glorious example of woman fail. By the time I finished I couldn't catch my breath. And I needed ice cream. Or chocolate. The Two looked at each other and asked me if maybe we should go home and was I okay and OH MY GOSH ONE OF THEM SAID SORRY! I told them if I heard I'm sorry one more time....or tripped one more time....or either of them called me or even acted like they knew me I would explode. Then I turned to the mom standing by a railing and we gave each other the "This to shall pass/I feel ya sister" sign. We also may have bumped fists.
After the mall we went home. I picked up the last girl and we went to the movies where The Two tried to sit by me and one got her feelings hurt and sulked til the popcorn was gone.....and then decided she wanted some popcorn. Guess who didn't get any cause dog-gone it you snooze you lose in the whole popcorn eating thing. The only thing keeping them alive is that the hubby is coming home today. He has been gone all week long. It's been a long week without him.

Today is a new day!!! I am thrusting myself back in the ring. I am woman...hear me roar!!! Or else just pray for me that I make it. Without tripping over anyone.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

You go girl! Sometimes they need a little bit of Mom-attude!

mascanlon said...

Oh you poor thing. My youngest DD used to do that too...now she is 27 and married so I don't see her everyday, but she calls at least 2X. Most of the time I love it but sometimes I just want to say " call me in a week honey I just have to breathe!" (And next month I'll be teary 'cause she's going to Fl on a business trip for 2 weeks and will not have anytime to talk to Mom!)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love your way with words...you cheer my day.

Honestly I think it's better when they want you to walk 10ft. in front of or behind them so they can pretend they don't know you & only suddenly recognize you when it's time to pay. LOL

Chocolate Cat said...

Wish I was closer to deliver the chocolate, icecream and some wine myself!!!!! Not long to go now, hang in there!

Lauren The Artist said...

Virtual chocolate heading your way!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I should never, never, take a sip of anything before I begin to read any one of your posts; it's dangerous to my laptop... the spray that occurs when I burst out in gales of hilarity gets all over the nooks and crannies, screen and keys, too. I only laugh with you, not at you. Been there, you can believe me. 'nuf said! You are strong, you are capable, you will make it; my money's on you, Dawn!

Kim said...

That's why God made closets! If it just feels "wrong" putting the kids in there, go in there yourself with a nice bar of chocolate, a good book with a flashlight, and an iced something-or-other: your choice!

Leigh said...

Just breathe..........