BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life...

Sometimes, while you are going along, living life and minding your own business life throws you a curve ball. I thought about not posting about this but then I thought maybe you guys out there could say some prayers...send warm thoughts....align your chi...eat a couple of chocolates..you know, the things we women do to help out a "fellow sista".

My daddy has cancer.

Whew.

I got the phone call from my mom a couple of days ago. He has a small spot in his throat. They did the biopsy today. His doctor is going to hit it and hit it hard. He has surgery Thursday.
He sounds good on the phone. My mom sounds good on the phone. I keep looking at the phone. Who approved this, I just want to know. I want to know so I can punch them. Maybe let the air out of their tires. Give them a wedgie. Does the universe not understand that this is Superman. . This is the G.I Joe of all G.I Joes. The man who gave me my love of reading when I was little. He used to read to me all the books from my bookclub. He worked, at times, three jobs to provide for us. He laughs in the face of danger. He is the killer of spiders. He can do anything.

He is my hero.

Get better fast Daddy. I love you.

13 comments:

Jenna said...

I'll be saying some prayer for you and your family!! Thinking of you!

Granny said...

I'm glad you shared with us. I'll be praying for you, your dad, mom, the doctors, and all involved. It's very hard under "normal" circumstances but with you being so far away, this has to be worse than ever for you to deal with. Sounds like your dad is a great guy and a fantastic father. I wish you all the very best of outcomes.

Elaine Adair said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's diagnosis. I'll keep him in MY thoughts and prayers.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Lots of strength and healthy wishes flying your way. Be strong girlfriend.

Pam said...

I am so so glad you are going to be state-side soon!! God is in control, of ALL things! His plan is so complete.

You KNOW I will be praying, you know I will be here for you!

Blessings over and above your wildest dreams my friend!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Anonymous said...

oh my, I am so sorry to hear this news....hugs for you. I will pray for your family tonight.
allie from allie's life.
xx

Lauren The Artist said...

"Killer of spiders" Oh yeh, he just went WAY up on my cool-guy list too! Hang in there. ~jen~

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Prayers abound! Keep us posted, I am praying hard for everyone in your family and your Dad's surgeon and caregivers.

My Thanh said...

So sorry to hear the news, but I'll think only positive thoughts for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so sorry to hear about your daddy. I will keep him in my prayers. I have also asked my church to keep him in their prayers. You make you dad out to be a strong man and I believe that. He will pull through. Take care sweetie.

Anonymous said...

My Mom is going through the cancer roller coaster, too. Hers is stage 4 colon cancer. I understand what you're feeling and how awful it is to be far away from those you care about at times like this, as I live far from my folks, too.

I'll absolutely say prayers for you all. Let us know how things are going, k?

Anonymous said...

Oh! My Little Girl! Don't you remember that The Big "C" stands for Cookie (big chocolate ones)- or camper (my passion)- or crayons, big blue,red,orange,sienna and green ones - or campfire -or cauliflower (mmm) - or cabin in the woods - or children especially grand ones - or Christmas - or the most important "C" word CHRIST! Your daddy has so much more to do that The Lord will make sure that he is ok. What a gift that you are coming to the states soon. Now you can read to him and chase all of his spiders away. Now hurry up!!!
Love Grandma-A-Go-Go

Patti said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers - and hopes that they discovered this early enough to take care of it once and for all. Hang in there - keep your faith - it will be OK.