BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today...I am a bad mom

Today I had me some plans. Very important plans. I was to go to the fabric market with Walker Jen and two other ladies. The two other ladies had never been! We were going to hit Starbucks, get a Venti-Gynormous caramel machiatto and a naughty (that is a pastry for those of you not in the know) and then we were going to hit the fabric market and introduce them to the 9th wonder of the world. I had batting to buy and a darning foot to find for my new Juki. That reminds me...how do you say darning foot in Korean?? Hmmmmmmmmm I was also going to stock up on needles for my new Juki...did I tell you guys I got a new Juki..heehee
See, I had plans!!! Important things to do!!! Girlfriends to laugh with!!!! Bolts of fabric to touch...and sigh over...and pet...and give little kissies to.
Well guess who ran a fever last night?? Boo-Bear. Yep. She has a head cold or a virus or the "mess up your momma's plans" sickness. Guess who woke her up this morning to feel her head a bazillion times to make sure her fever had gone down so she could still go out this morning?? Guess who whispered in her ear that because she was not feeling well she could go to Starbucks with her mother and get ANYTHING she wanted.

That person would be me.

Hello my name is Dawn and I am a bad mom.

Now in my defense she's not that hot. Just a tad warm. I'm not sending her to school to infect other kids. Nope. I'm just planning on taking her out in Korea to infect the masses. Sigh. I know!!! I'm a bad mom. But people!!! Juki sewing needles and a new Juki sewing foot AND BATTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YARDS AND YARDS OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise I will be home by lunchtime to make her a bed on the couch and put in her favorite movie.
Okay, I just felt her head again and she is cool as a cucumber. I'm off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Pam said...

You crack me up...I bet Boo-Bear enjoyed her day out with the ladies. Man, I wish I could have gone shopping with you...oh wait...I am filling bags and bags of stash to donate ~ what am I thinking???

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Lauren The Artist said...

Ok, if I get sick from Boo's cold-warmth, will you comfort me by buying ME truckloads of fabric? *if the answer is YES, just know, I'm starting to feel a headache comin' on! ahahahahah. She didn't even seem sick. I think the Bad Mom Trophy might get lost in the mail anyway. ~jen~

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

You aren't a bad Mum, you are taking her with you..that counts!I am a big believer in Panadol and keeping them going if at all possible, especially when I have something on! you generally know when it is a crisis! Tracey

My Thanh said...

As a kid I loved being sick on days when my dad was off work. No way in hell was he going to stay home and nurse anybody. I got to cruise all over Houston on those days!

Kim said...

A Juki! Yeah! That's what I have, and I love it for quilting! Yep, that's definitely worth the guilt of being a bad mom--not that I really think you are though! LOL!