BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fathers and Sons.....

Anyone out there have a hubby?? and a son???? All at the same time??? And, ummmmmmm if they are both still alive and haven't killed each other yet could you email me so I can really envy you and move to your house??? Cause mine....great googly-moogly. They aren't gonna last much longer. The Son is a couple of days away from 19. He may not make it. I am afraid his father is going to kill him in his sleep. I check on him in the morning to make sure he is still breathing. sigh. What is it about fathers and sons that makes them at odds when the sons reach a certain age?? Hmmmmmm??? Anyone????
My hubby wants The Son to get a job. A real one. He wants him to get the paper out, circle some ads in red ink, pound pavement, take an interest in trying to go to college in the winter. Anything. Any little thing at all. The Son? heh. Not so much. He is very interested in "hanging out" or sleeping til noon or eating a whole box of cereal or taking all the trash out to the curb BUT ONE BAG so he can see his fathers head explode.

He is about to have a "come to Jesus talk".

My question is this....how do you light a fire under a boy/man?? He is a great kid. Funny. Warm. Smart. He hasn't really given us a moments trouble. He is just in a sort of limbo right now and if he doesn't get out of it in the next five minutes I am in fear for him and his father cause frankly? I'm gonna kill them both. Hmph.

On a happier note....I want to give a big shout out to the makers of Simply Sleep. That. Is. Great. Stuff. Just a little suggestion....could you make a little blue pill that omits the dreams about the killer rat trying to eat my ankles?? I would really appreciate it. Kisses!

dawn

9 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Sorry about your dream... but I bet it took place in SOEMUN!!! haha. Good luck with the testosterone in your house. ~jen~

Jodi said...

I have no advice on the boy vs. dad issue. I wish you all the best of luck though.

Anonymous said...

OK! Here is the best suggestion. Let them kill each other. You will walk away with the insurance and the playstation. Oh yeah the game is in the mail.
Love Mom

Sweet P said...

Even though I raised three boys I have no good advice to give you other than to love both of them and perhaps lock them in a room together and tell them they can't come out until they have made peace. Oh yeah, make sure the room is void of all possible weapons.

Simple Sleep is great stuff. I use it once in a while too.

tami said...

Sorry about the killer rats and the testosterone overload going on at your house. I'm thinking that maybe you should start getting DS up at the crack of dawn to do the grossest jobs around the house you can think of. Maybe he will decide that getting a job is more fun than cleaning toilets.

Anonymous said...

College or Armed Forces? Your choice, your life just take it out of my house!!!

Chocolate Cat said...

You are not alone. Our boy is just about to turn 17 and his father despairs of his apparent lack of motivation for anything!!! He is actually a really good kid and his dad forgets very easily what he was like at the same age!!

Anita said...

When you find out how to deal with males of this age will you please let me know LOL

Anita said...

When you find out how to deal with males of this age will you please let me know LOL