BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Looky what I made!!

So in between playing referee in Testosterone City and unpacking boxes and taking care of my sick dog (to much move for such a little pup) I have been making a quilt. If I did not have quilting I don't know what I would do some days. I felt like a Prairie Woman all alone in a little Soddy quilting to make the days go by. Well not a Soddy exactly cause with my OCD the dirt floors and ceilings would've driven me mad...and the bugs, lets not forget the bugs...and cow poop. I don't like cow poop all that much. Oh, and they couldn't bath all that frequently could they?? Hmmmmmmmmmm Okay, rephrase that..I felt like a pampered trophy wife quilting the days away. Ha!!! We're cooking with grease now ladies!!! Now for the very very sad news....while I was cleaning up my mess I dropped my rotary cutter on it and there is a small tear in THE MIDDLE OF THE WHOLE SHE-BANG. I am hoping that Jen's mom can quilt it out. Isn't that what all quilters want...Just quilt it out!! Miss Karen...can ya do something about it do ya think?? It will be on it's way soon. :) Happy quilting out there!! d-money

8 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

LOVELY! The colors are great. That maroon and cream would look excellent in my living room. ;) ~jen~

Anonymous said...

Since you tear is not as big as the state of TX I can probably work some magic on the quilt. I love the colors and pattern

Unknown said...

Also, Dawn, don't ever call yourself d-money ever again.

yourblogisrubbish.wordpress.com

Anita said...

Good Morning Dawn,
This is my first time to read your blog. I married a man in the Navy and we were stationed around the world. With us it was father and daughter blow-ups. She managed to live, but from 13 - 17 it was a daily miracle. Our last name is Owen do you suppose we are related?
Anita Owen
http://anitas-bedofroses.blogspot.com
p.s. daughter now has blog called Owennewsletter.blogspot.com and they are still at it only nicer. lol

Sweet P said...

Isn't wonderful to spend some sewing? Your quilt is awesome! Now go kick some testosterone butt and tell them start getting along.

PS - I forgot to mention your DDs looked great on their first day of school.

Chocolate Cat said...

Very impressive, I love it! Where is it going to go??

Leigh said...

Talk about "Deriving joy from clogging cyberspace". Who is "your" anyway. What they don't get is that most of these blogs are a journal of sorts and is a way for families who live away from each other to keep in touch. No one asked "your" for "their" opinion. And really, who has so much time on their hands to waste reading and writing about blogs. Dawn...........D-money......keep on keepin' on!

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty, I love log cabin quilts. If the small tear doesn't *quilt out* just applique something over it.