BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 02, 2008

The straw broke today....

Okay women, get out some of your best chocolate, fix a glass of wine and thank your lucky stars you ain't me right now. Today we moved to another hotel. This would be my fifth such move in oh about a month and a half. First I up and moved my girls to the Rents house for almost 5 weeks...smooches mom and dad!!!...then The Capt cougheyecandycough had enough separation and bought a plane ticket to get us and off to Ohio we went to a hotel. This hotel was lovely...the bestest part?? My kids were in a room of their own down the hall. What?!?!?!! I'd been 5 weeks without my man ya'll!!! Did I not discuss my needs in a previous post? They are fierce and they are a-many. Anyway, we stayed there for a couple of days and then got a call that there was a room on base and we had to make two trips to get everything settled. The good news was that they were moving us to a house. Yep. A house. See here in wonderful Ohio the base has converted old base housing into lodging. Love that!! The only thing was that it was a two bedroom so we were two nights there and then it would be off to a three bedroom. We are gonna be here, living out of suitcases, for two more weeks and The Son needs his own space or we are gonna end up killing him. God help me!! Testosterone sucks big.
We go to enter in the new room after loading up the car with all ten suitcases and I walk into a flood. The air conditioner had sprung a leak in the new place. Plus it smelled funny. Also, it wasn't what one would call clean. How did I know this?? I saw a dead bug right away. My bottom lip started to tremble at this point. How much more could a girl take. I was tired. Down to my bones tired. I was officially tired of this move. The the hubby got all "what??" "what's wrong with this place" "what do you mean you want to go back to the other room" "sheesh" at this point I exploded all over him. No. I sat on the couch and informed him I was over this and I was tired anditwasallhisfaultandwhydoeseverythinggowrongandhowcanheexpectmetostayinaplacethatsmells????!!!?
I then called the front desk to inform them of mine and now their delima. A maintenance man came to see what was what. I am thinking that from the look on my face he knew there was trouble a foot and decided to try to get us another room. Pack up the car again after a few choice words between one tired hubby and wife and we were back at the other room. Keeping up?? An hour later we are told our house is ready. They were wrong. How did I know?? We walked in to the cleaning ladies cleaning. Another half hour and we were unpacking the car in a cleaner house with three bedrooms. This is when I informed the world at large that I WAS TAKING A NAP! I then fell into a two hour coma.
I don't have to move again for another 13 days. Bliss. We even have real food in the fridge. I can have cereal for breakfast!!! and a cup of coffee!! Without having to shower and put on makeup!!! Bliss!!!
Just keeping the world informed of how life really is for a military wife. Cue the violins.
peace out!

6 comments:

Kate Walz said...

Oh goodness! A house! A light in the tunnel! Let's up the tunnel is short... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I think my straw would've broke long ago. You're a better woman than I! All that packing and unpacking, oy. Sorry it's been such a rough road for you, but hopefully it will finally be over in 13 days when you're in your own place. Rest up!

Mary Johnson said...

And to think I was whining to Keith the other day about having moved 2x in 14 months. I must be a wimp!

I'll be waiting for the post that says you're in and settled in your house and cozy little kitchen.

Lauren The Artist said...

Oh my gosh! I hate straws and I hate camels! I cannot wait to hear how fabulous your *real* house is going to be- soon! I'm glad you got to nap. Hang in there, just a tiny tiny bit longer. ~jen~

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh my , I am exhausted just reading this. You have my extreme sympathy!!! What can I send????

Leigh said...

WOW! You better take a nap every day and the Capt better not say a word!