BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Anyone out there had to track down the Po-Po's today?? Hmmmm?? For those of you that don't have an 11 year old who regularly says "word to your mothuh" and "Peace out my homies" the Po-Po's are police officers.

And why would I be tracking down the Po-Po's at 7:50 in the morning??? This is why....



Yes, that is my baby's face. HER FLIPPIN FACE PEOPLE!!!!!! Last night I was quilting away...happily...minding my own business...when The Boo-Bear came in the house crying hysterically. I got up to see what was wrong and when she turned around to throw herself into my arms I saw her face. With blood streaming down it. I said "Oh my God" and held her til she could calm down enough to fill me in. Seems there was an older boy picking on some of the younger kids at the playground. My baby walked over with one of her friends to tell him to leave the young kids alone and HE CHUCKED A ROOF TILE AT HER FACE. HER FACE!!!!! Let me show you the picture again so you can understand the red hot rage that entered my soul.......

Oh yeah I took pictures. This kid was going down. I looked for him for 20 minutes. No kid and none of the other kids knew his last name or where he lived. They did know where he caught the bus in the morning so early today the Capt and I got up, got dressed, got The Boo-Bear (who OH MY GOODNESS!!! her face is so bruised and her eye is almost shut from all the swelling) and we piled in the car to find him and get his address so we could talk to the parents. At the bus stop the Po-Po's were trying to catch speeders so we walked over to ask them their advice as to how to handle this. It wasn't just your every day random scrap you get on the play ground. This had the cops wincing and asking if we wanted to press charges. I said no. I mean, I really only wanted him to apologize and for his parents to be aware of what happened. The cops talked to the boy and since he lived right next to the bus stop they walked over to his house while we waited outside. When your hubby is a Capt there is chain of command and all that stuff so we wanted to do things the right way. The boys mom was really nice. She invited us in....I felt so bad for her cause it was so early and what a way to start the day....she looked at The Boo-Bears face and gasped then apologized. The cops asked us again if we wanted to press charges and again we said no we just wanted to talk about it and then let it go. We talked like grown ups for about 10 minutes. The boy apologized and you could tell he felt really bad. Then we all shook hands and left. The hubby asked me if I was satisfied with the outcome. I was. I was also glad he is the kind of father who would take time out of his day (you have no idea at the amount of work he has on the agenda) to make sure his daughter is taken care of and looked after.

My daughter didn't want to miss school so I loaded her up with Motrin, wrote a note to her teacher and then her father and I gave her a hug and told her to be brave little soldier. Moms...we do more before 9am then most people do all day.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, When I opened the blog this morning I cried like a baby. Just know that if anything happens like this again, the boy doesn't have to be afraid of the Po Po. He has to be very afraid of the Grandma. My poor baby.

My Thanh said...

Wow! Poor baby! Kids these days. I'm sorry this happened to her, but I'm glad that you were able to talk to the mom and work things out. It's amazing how many parents out there don't care if their kids are bullies.
That's one amazing girl you've got...sticking up for the little ones!

Leigh said...

OMG! I'm so sorry she got hurt. But you know something, she is a great person; she was going to help someone who needed help from a bully. That speaks highly of her and her family. I hope it was a wake up call for that boy. You let me know if you need Julia Sugarbaker to come to sucky Ohio, 'cause you know Julia will bring out the can of whoop ass!

Lauren The Artist said...

I'm so sorry that happened, but so glad there was a responsible parent on the other side of the story. I do hope the boy will think twice before being a terrible bully. I hope Sarah heals well & quickly.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

OH, I feel so bad for her. Be sure to tell her to be proud of herself for sticking up for the littler kids. Her friend too. I hope someone keeps an eye on that older boy. He sure sounds like a bully or a bully-in-the-making. I guess you have both your eyes on him, don't you?

Anonymous said...

I am freaking absolutely fuming. I admire your diplomacy approach, I think the HOT TAMALE in me would want to see heads roll. I'm with Grandma on this one. On the other hand, your Boo Bear is admirable, you have done a great job raising all of your children. I would be first in line to buy your parenting book. Hats off to you.

Mary Johnson said...

It sounds like you all handled yourselves well. I'm not surprised that your daughter stood up for others -- look at the example she has.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh this must of been so scary for you. Probably good you didn't find the boy last night because I have a feeling you would of been mighty mad!!! Glad it got sorted out but poor Boo-Bear, sure it will be sore for a while. She is a very lucky girl to have 2 parents who care so much!

Stephanie D said...

I certainly admire her courage! I remember some kids bullying a boy on the school bus over 40 years ago, and I'm still ashamed I didn't do anything about it. I'm sorry she got hurt in the process, though.

I hope he and his mom weren't putting on an act for you and that this really does shake him up. I believe I'd be telling him that if it happens again, charges will be pressed.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Tell your daughter that there are people out in bloggyland that arem VERY proud of her for standing up for those kids.

That is very impressive.

Hallie

Jenna said...

So sorry this happened!! Hopes she gets better soon. Good for her for helping the younger kids.

Jeri is said...

My goodness. I'm so sorry. You handled this so very well. My goodness. It was very nice that your husband was there with/for you and your daughter, and equally nice that the po-po's got involved as they did. The boy is lucky that you chose not to press charges and I hope he realizes that and changes his ways. My goodness.

mascanlon said...

Oh my, I am so proud of Boo-bear! And what a wonderful example too of grownups handling issues like grownups and making the boy accountable. Hope the terror he felt when the police and the Dad (in uniform!) and the MOM showed up at his door at the crack of dawn was a little comfort for her.

Jodi said...

Good for her for standing up for those kids. And big hugs to both of you. I wanted to cry when I saw her cheek.

And I am so proud of you for finding his parents. You are a good momma! You are!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Poor baby. She was so brave and man! You are both such amazing parents! It reflects like a beam in your babies! Big hugs and kisses to you girly! We miss you all so much!!!!!