BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 06, 2009

I had no idea it had been so long since I had posted anything to the blog. I got a couple of emails....thanks you guys!!...from my homies checking to make sure that my cold had not turned into the plague. Nope. That Netti Pot worked it's magic and I was right as rain in two days. I guess things have been kinda quiet here. No bank robberies (we are up to two by the way) no demon seeing crazy woman. Nada. Nothing.
So what have I been up to?? I have been sewing.
Sewing my happy little heart out! I started this block of the month. It is called The Be Attitudes by Nancy Halvorsen.







Crap!!! Why is it that you ALWAYS see mistakes when you put something online??? My "Be" looks wonky. sigh. But isn't the Santa cute?!!! I still need to do his eyes and add a button on his hat. Other then that he is done.










These blocks go together so fast and they are perfect to do on the couch at night time while the family is watching TV.













The eyes on the owl come with buttons. My quilt store didn't have the buttons in yet. As soon as they do I will add them.












I love how quilt stores have finished quilts hanging all around. It just inspires me and makes my fingers itch to sew.












When I was in the store the other day ,helping the economy, I saw this quilt hanging on the wall. I may have drooled. It is just glorious! It is called Baltimore County Fair by Kay Gentry. This one is soooooo cool. The pieces come already cut out with the sticky stuff on the back. You cut your block out, position the pieces and then iron down. Another thing I can work on while sitting with my family at night.






This block was finished the other night. :)

















This one is ironed down and I'll start working on it tonight.


















Last but not least is this quilt. I got the pattern from the Moda web site. I had some of the Moda charm squares called Crayons. I had planned on using them to make The Boo-Bears favorite teacher an end of year quilt. This little baby only took a couple of hours to do. I have a quilt at the quilters. As soon as I get that one back this one will go.
That's pretty much all that's been going on. Just sewing.....running on the treadmill.....watching Leverage (my new favorite show!) and cooking big dinners. Yeah, not very exciting! hahahaha
Thanks again to everyone who sent an email checking to make sure I was still alive and kicking!! You guys rock!!!

8 comments:

Leigh said...

Girl.......you have been BUSY! They are all so beautiful! Which one is mine! HEHEHEHEHE

Lauren The Artist said...

You are doing all of those blanket stitches by hand? That's awesome. Those look great. You have been very busy indeed.

Jeri is said...

Now I understand why you haven't been posting! Girl, you have been bizzy! You commented that the "b" in that first block - the Santa one - was wonky. Is the word spelled wrong, too? Should it read "eb" or "be"? Just wondering. I love the be attitudes blocks, and love the name of the pattern. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I might could do that Baltimore Country Fair quilt. Love you Be Attitudes blocks. Aren't you glad you shared the picture and saw the mistake before getting it all quilted! :)

mascanlon said...

I am so impressed! I think I contract out some of my UFOs to Ohio. I love the hand blanket stitches, they had such warmth and personality. And I so can relate to the "eb"....giggling away

Chocolate Cat said...

You have been very busy, no wonder you haven't posted!!! I love the Nancy Halvorsen blocks, she is one of my favorite designers, think I love all of her patterns. I have had a kit for a while that I think you have just inspired me to get going on!!! The other 2 are gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are now excused for the absence from blogosphere! Your work is beautiful. Luv'd them all!

Johanna said...

Wow! You are SO talented! I love that style, very whimsical, my favorite! :)

Thank you for the many comments you've made on my blog. I'll put you on my list and make sure I stop by often. :)