BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Motivated...

I'm sitting here watching the news this morning. I've got my cup of coffee aka java to my soul, right by my side. The Today show is promising doom and gloom with the economy. As I sit here I have come to a major decision.

I need to go out and stimulate the economy today. As an American I need to go out there and do my part. I feel a trip to the quilt store is in my best interest. If you think about it I really shouldn't shirk my duties as, like I said, an American.

Yep, I've decided. Today I will shop. I may even go to Starbucks and help them out. I don't think their stock is doing good either. I am sure my one cup of coffee will lift them back where they belong on the DOW.

No no no...keep your thanks. I am doing what any person would do in these times. If we must spend to help out our fellow Americans then spend is what I shall do.

Plus the Capt is off doing important Capt-ish things in another State so he isn't here to stop me.
*insert maniacal giggle*
Pictures to follow tomorrow. :)

8 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Buy something lovely. And thank you again for helping our economy in these hard times! You are a truly thoughtful American. ;)

Stephanie D said...

Such an act of patriotism! You are truly an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

It is truly our civic duty to stimulate the economy. I stand in solidarity with you and will do my part as well!

Jodi said...

This is why I love you! :)

If we lived closer I would certainly come and help you stimulate the economy.

Chocolate Cat said...

Way to go girlfriend!!! Looking forward to seeing the photos - SOON!! Hope you managed to call past a bookstore too and help them out! Feel free to come on over and help out the Australian economy next....

mascanlon said...

You crack me up...and I'll bet posts like these strike terror in his heart as he's off doing Capt'nish things!

Sweet P said...

I like your thinking. I hope you stimulated the economy appropriately.

Mary Alice said...

Snort. I know....all our tax free money has gone to stimulate the economy as well, while he has been deployed. Unfortunately it has been in necessary and otherwise not terribly exciting ways...800.00 for mandatory drivers ed...200.00 for new glasses....new track shoes...new tires...and so on and so forth. But it all helps the economy in general and I feel blessed that we have the steady income to allow our kids to get the drivers licenses, new glasses and track shoes.