BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Such is life....

Last night while watching American Idol with the family I decided to play with the dog. She hadn't been feeling well yesterday. I think I took her outside every hour on the hour so she could eat grass and look sad. During a commercial break I had the kids take her out for her last "business" of the day. She came in much happier hence my idea to play with her. As she was running around like a loon and I was laughing I noticed something on the floor. It was pretty small and since the kids had just come in from outside I figured it was a small mud clump. I grabbed it with my fingers and then stopped. I said to myself "self, I do not think this is mud." Then, in front of my family who were all staring at me in rapt attention, I sniffed it. Nope, not mud. The dog came over to see why I had stopped playing with her and was laying on the floor gagging while my family laughed so hard they were choking and I noticed she had a piece of grass sticking out where grass does not grow. I looked at my hubby to see if he would catch her and pull it out. No, no he wouldn't but thanks for asking. I washed my hands and then chased my dog. I grabbed her. I pulled. I washed my hands and then washed them again.
I swear my family should pay me for all the amusement they got out of that. Let this be a lesson to all the little children...sometimes mud is not mud. Sometimes it is poop!

I'm off to wash my hands again.....and again...annnnnnnnnnnnnd maybe again. sigh

8 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Ummmm, that's what paper towels are for!! EEWWWW!

Jodi said...

LOL! That is when I send the dog outside to get it out himself. :)

Leigh said...

I agree with Stephanie.......paper towels!!!!! And it would have been a wonderful teaching opportunity for the children!

Lauren The Artist said...

Is it safe to wash your hands in bleach?

Chocolate Cat said...

Sorry but I can't stop laughing!!! Do you have some nice hand cream, think you'll need it with all the handwashing.

Anonymous said...

I learned that one when Mariela was two, don't grab anything they give you without looking first. The other one was, just because it looks like a raisin...not necesarily a raisin!

Jeri is said...

Oh my goodness! That is so stinkin' (no pun intended!) funny! I wish I was there to roflmao with your family! What a hoot! Still laffin

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! No envy here!