BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The other day when I was at the place called the Doorway to Hell aka the gym, I decided to shake things up a bit and hop on a machine I'd never tried before. It looks kinda like a stair stepper but kind of like a skiing thing. There was a guy next to me going to town and I thought "Meh, how hard can it be?" heh.

I smiled at him as I got myself situated. He smiled back and kept going at a speed of about fortyleven. I put my feet where they needed to go and put my earphones in my ears. I picked a song..... Baby by Justin Bieber cause I turn into a 12 year old girl when I workout. I looked over the very large and very full of buttons control panel and decided to press the one marked ON cause my momma dint raise herself no fools.



That thing took off like a bat out of hell and I almost fell off while trying to find the OFF button. The man next to me tried very hard not to laugh. I think I heard him snort. I gave him my best "do not even go there dude....I am a woman who has not had a Pepsi in T minus 8 days and I'm on the edge looking at crazy" while I hopped off to figure out my next plan of attack.



Thank you to all that is holy that this machine was in the back of the room.



I got back on, restarted Justin on the I-Pod and tentatively hit the ON button again. I could see funny man watching me. That machine took off again but I was ready this time. I hung in there for a total of 10 minutes. Do you have any idea how long 10 minutes is?? It. Is. A. Very. Long. Time.



I was pretty proud of myself for hanging in there as long as I did. I may have had a swagger when I walked back downstairs to wait for my hubby to finish his workout. I sat next to a man waiting for his wife. He was asleep. I almost fell asleep while waiting.



Now someone open me a Pepsi.

8 comments:

mascanlon said...

Well no Pepsi fro me, my caffeine of choice is ice tea and coffee...all day and night I must admit. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

After this you deserve a Pepsi and even a tiny bit of chocolate:)

Leigh said...

You go girl! That guy was probably laughing because he did the same thing!

Michelle said...

Im proud of you girlfriend! Kick butt!

Mary Johnson said...

Yep, 10 minutes is a LONG LONG time.

Lauren The Artist said...

awesome! Those machines DO have way too many buttons!

Johanna said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Yea. Huh. Sounds a bit familiar to my situation with the treadmill that decided to go five thousand miles per hour when it should have been at mall-walking speed. It's amazing I didn't just fly off, crash through the sliding glass doors and fall through the second-story deck onto the brick patio below.

Yep.

Those things are dangerous.

Chocolate Cat said...

You did so well hopping back on, think I would of just given up and left!!! Mads was very pleased you were listening to Justin Beiber - a favorite in our house!!