BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Son....

Things have been busy this week here at Chez' Owens. Our son is getting ready to sign up for the Air Force. Papers have had to be found.......other papers have been read and signed.....many talks about the future going on over there.
Today I take him to the recruiters office so he can get on a bus with other young men and women. They will stay the night in a hotel in Columbus. All of them will take a 4 hour test......a physical........some more paperwork....and then tomorrow I pick him up. After that we wait for him to be called up. He is pretty excited to get his life started. I thought maybe he'd help his momma out and pick some safe jobs. heh. I was wrong. My baby wants to travel and be in airplanes and jump out of them. He wants to see everything and go everywhere and try everything.
I just smile and tell him I support him but my insides are saying "WHA?????????"
So that is what's been going on this week. I have a couple of quilts to post and American Idol to talk about...who out there misses crazy Paula?? Raise your hands....but that will have to wait for later on tonight. This morning I am taking my grown up boy out for breakfast. I want to make sure he is well fed before he leaves. Then I'll hug him and maybe cry a bit. It's a mothers prerogative to cry a bit when their babies are a leaving them. Even if it's just for an overnight trip. A very important overnight trip.

Have a good one everybody!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless our Ant.
Love Grandma

mascanlon said...

Hugs to you all...being the Mama is so hard sometimes. But we are so proud of him!

Mary Johnson said...

It happens fast doesn't it? Them growing up. I did OK when the boys moved out when we were closer but the move to Minneapolis was hard because they're so far away. Even harder with everything Adam is going through right now but we're getting through it even with the distance.

Both my boys are coming to visit next month and I can't wait even though it was just a couple weeks ago that I saw them.

I hope the overnight goes well and that he passes everything with flying colors!

Lauren The Artist said...

Awe. He is going to do great! {And aren't those papers in your NEO book?}

Unknown said...

Please pass along my thanks and prayers to your son. As for you, Mom....I get it. I call it "Vegetable Soup of Emotions"...big spoonfuls!
It eases my heart to know my children are where they are meant to be, doing what they are meant to be doing. (gulp)
~AM

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you and yours, Dawn. Jeri

dianne said...

bless your sweet heart ... and your son's sweet heart, too

Leigh said...

You and Kareem have raised Ant to be a strong, independent and smart young man. He will do awesome and knowing that he will be our country's future guardians makes me feel very proud! I know you are. And it is okay to shed a tear, he's your baby boy. Just know that you raised him well and he will remember everything that you taught him.

HUGS!

quiltmamajb said...

I shed a tear just reading this and wanted to hug you both. When a mother does her job well, her child is grown and prepared to take on the world - that is the happiest and saddest part - knowing that they will leave to go and do just what you taught them to do. Good luck today and tomorrow and all the tomorrows after that. I'm proud of you both! Piece....

QuiltingFitzy said...

I feel your pain babe. Heck, I get teary even thinking about my dd "over there". She's got her jump wings, said it was the hardest thing she ever did, lol.

Hang in there.

Chocolate Cat said...

So proud of you for being so brave and letting him chase his dreams, we will be here to support you along the way xxx

Jodi said...

(((HUGS))) to you!

I can't imagine what it is like to have a child leave much less leaving for something so scary for us.

Stephanie D said...

Awww, such a good Mama. Feed him well and embarrass the heck out of him with hugs. He'll be surprised how much he will miss those maternal unit hugs!

Michelle said...

Sending you hugs of comfort.

Kim said...

I bet it seems like just yesterday that we was about two years old, doesn't it? And then at other times, it seems like a long, long time! It's hard to let them grow up--I had teary-eyed issues every time mine went back to college; I can only imagine the emotions you're experiencing.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, my heart bleeds for you, I can't hardly bear to watch my kids get bigger everyday...when they were little it was hard work but we had them with us....now there is no control!!All goes far too quickly! Love to you, Tracey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.