BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I cannot be ready in 4! minutes

Have you ever had a morning where it all went so wrong??!! AUGH!!!! "The Son" had to sign up on line for his SAT test. We tried to do it the other night and there was a code he needed so I told him to go to the counselor at school and get it. That was a week ago. My life went on. So last night, at 9:45, he asks me if we can sign him up for the test. Now right away I get mad cause he does this all the time! GRRRRRR. I sit down at the computer and ask him for the code number. Silence. Then he figures on trying this tactic...he says, "What code number??" He was online with his girlfriend so he instant messaged her and she sent the code to him. I'm thinking okay don't kill him just do this thing for him, it will take 5 minutes and then you can go to bed with your Nora Roberts book.
Now ask me if the code worked and how long we searched every website known to man to get the code?????????????????????

An hour!!!!!

And, and, AND yesterday was the last day for him to sign up. So this morning guess who woke up with an attitude and was making it his mission in life to upset his sisters????????????????????????????? This is why God invented the age 17. So that by the time they turned 18 and could legally be pushed out of the nest, we would be ready for them to go!

And guess who called me from school at 8:41 to tell me I was needed to help make Mothers Day cards at 8:45?????

Boo-Bear.

AND GUESS WHO GOT ALL TEARY ON THE PHONE WHEN I TOLD HER I COULDN'T BE READY IN 4 MINUTES CAUSE, HELLO!!!, I WAS STILL IN PJ'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now please excuse me while I try and take a shower, fix my hair and put on some makeup in under a minute to go and make some STINKIN MOTHER'S DAY CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

My Thanh said...

This is why I try not to leave the house when I can avoid it. So my husband comes home and we're all still in our pajamas. That just means it's been a great day!

Jenna said...

Oh, the things you do for your kids!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

You need to hear one thing...just one thing...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Happy Mother's Day!

Many, many hugs...from a mom who's been there; there IS life after teens!

Shelina said...

My kid is 18 so I can feel for your frustrations! I've found that refusing helps. As in, Homework Help closes at 9. No homework questions will be answered after 9. No signatures given in the morning before school starts. After following through a couple of times, she learned pretty quickly I was serious.
Although we did have the emergency SAT thing too, and I couldn't stand firm on something that important.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I honestly think i love you!!
I am up to my arm pits in the school Mother's day market, I've had no life other for a fortnight or more, it's all for their school -they had better come thru' on mother's day big time!! Tracey