BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 19, 2007

teenagers.

There are two teens in my house and a "wanna-be". (That's the boo-bear..she wants to be a teen so bad she can't stand it!)
Teens always run in packs. Hungry packs. Huge hungry packs! Last night the Capt and I were watching a movie. I finally got to see Disturbia. Can I just say right now that if you don't have a crush on Shia Labeouf, even if your are 60, you just ain't a breathin! Ahem..anyway we were sitting on the couch, the Capt with his leg propped (cause the man can not stay away from basketball and he sprained his ankle) and me with my hands over my eyes trying to be brave when the floors started to shake. Middle daughter has a curfew of 9:30 so usually everyone comes back here til their own respective curfews of between 10 and 11. Last night they came hungry. I heard pots and pans and the fridge opening and closing. I began to shake. The Capt grinned at me and said, "hey, at least we know where they are." YEAH! THEY ARE EATING ME OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME!!! I heard "hi mom! hey momma!" and I got a couple of kisses on the cheek all while they were happily eating my pie...my eggs...my cheese and my chicken. Quesadillas were made and happily devoured. Every once in awhile one of them would gravitate to the living room to see what we were watching. Then they went to various places in the house. Some were in the computer room and some went to the Son's room for a vicious game of Halo smackdown. The Capt was in pain and not a lot of use to me so I sent him to bed at 10. Then at 10:45 I went to the kitchen for a glass of water and saw the state said kitchen was in. Oh yeah, it was bad ladies! This morning everyone has been briefed. They have til noon to get themselves together and then the summer of fun is over. They are each going to be handed a rag and some cleaner and I am making them earn their keep. Yes, I hear your applause and I bow humbly. No one is allowed to leave til 3. By that time my house should be all sparkly and smell faintly of lemons. I think when they get paroled to parts unknown I will fix myself and mint julep and pat myself on the back for a job well done.
What are ya'll doing to day??

2 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

I just checked the 'ole blog at 3:59... how did the house turn out?? ...and can they clean mine tomorrow??

~jen~

Jenna said...

Can't wait until I'm able to have my self some of my own "little" worker bees!! I'll be singing many praises when that day comes!!