BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 02, 2007

It's done!!!


Here it is!!! It's done...HURRAY!!! I've been at Downstairs Jen's house twice this week for some much needed QR&R..that's quilting rest and relaxation for those of you not in the know. :) I finally got my Thimbleberries block of the month done. I LOVE IT!!!! This is maybe going to my Dad. He loves his garden and watches his birds in the backyard all year long...but now I'm not sure it's manly enough. I may have to keep it and make him something more testosterony. What do you all think??? Mom...are you out there??? Do you think I should make him something else?? When I look at this it makes me think about where I was in my quilting two years ago. Triangles were such a huge deal to me. Just making a simple 9 patch took everything I had!
Today is Friday here and since I've been playing around all week long I'm paying the piper today...I gotta clean! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
dawn

10 comments:

Melanie said...

What a cheerful quilt... Great piecing. How are you going to quilt it? I've always liked that pattern. Way too big for me to tackle but I thought of putting maybe 3 of the birdhouses together for a runner on the kitchen table...

Lauren The Artist said...

Love it! It looks bigger all held up like that. Woah. And each block was so big too. Great job!

~the jen of downstairs~

Jenna said...

I think you should give it to your Dad. 1st reason, you were totally thinking of him the entire time while making it. 2nd reason, looks just fine for a man.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad will love it. He has a special place in his heart for the birds we have in our yard in the summer. He will love the beautiful birdhouses. If the quilt just happens to come over to my side of the bed, OH WELL. If the quilt just happens to fall over me when I am lying on the couch, OH WELL. Hurry and get the quilt here, I'M FREEZING. LOL
Love MOM

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, this is soooo pretty. I love that you were thinking of your Dad and birds, outdoors. Give it to him and tell him of your thoughts, in a little note, or better yet, on the label! He will love reading it.

Elaine Adair said...

Gosh, I see your anonymous comment is from your MOM! Wonderful!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

You HAVE to be happy with that-it looks great and quite fine for a man. I love all those HST's...but then I just love HST's. Cheers, tracey

Anonymous said...

Your "Safe Haven" is absolutely beautiful ! This pushes me to finish mine (but I'm waaaaaay behind you : still 8 blocks to make). I love your colors scheme and I think your father (especially a birds lovers) would be delighted to receive it.....

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE.

Lucy said...

It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Howdy- Sorry I am posting this here. =) I was brainstorming and wondering if you wanted to meet and have a quilting/stitching bee at Camp Walker. I was thinking of a nice place to meet and the Community Activity Center came to mind across the street from the bowling alley. They have big tables and it is probably the most central. I know they meet for Hawaiian Quilting and also for the charity quilting at the chapel but there isn't a meeting for those who just want to quilt and chat and work on our own things.

Now that the weather is getting warmer it would probably be easier for those wanting to come too.

Let me know.

Lillian
crazyseoulsister