BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

working hard...hardly working :)

I'm subbing at the kids school this week. I gotta tell ya...I'm having a ball!! I'm in the Health/Home Ec room teaching the 9th and 11th graders. Kids are so much fun!!! Most all of them are being really good for me. I get to see my kids a couple of times a day and I'm able to save up some spending money for when my mom comes. Some of the kiddos are a trip!! I've had one kid skip class, one I had to move cause she was talking so much and one who couldn't sit still to save his life. They keep the day interesting! It's weird to cause I'm trying to keep up with the house but I'm so tired when I get home I've got nothing left! I missed my Monday cleaning day and my Friday cleaning day is a no-go cause I've gotta work. Those of you who know and love me are smiling right now cause you know that though this seems small, to me IT'S A BIG DEAL!! So I've got laundry everywhere...dishes in the sink....some unmade beds. Sigh, I guess I'm gonna have to find my way with this new phase. How do you all do it???? I need some advice. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff on the days I do have to work. And I know that on Saturday I can get my house back but how do I keep up when I have to work for a week at a time?? I can see you guys all rolling your eyes saying "oh yeah...you got problems...NOT"!hahahahaha I know!! But seriously....HOW DO YOU DO IT ALL?????????????
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! I have to go now cause in the midst of my working hard we have to go to a meeting at church. Bye all!!!
dawn
p.s. If any of you are feeling bad for me now send chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

I looked at the mess for 15-20 years, and then I lost my job and then I was able to clean up and organize! Kindsa drastic.

Susie said...

So glad those days of juggling job and housework are behind me. Just make time for the most important thing: your family!
:)

Shelina said...

My advice:
1. have more realistic expectations
2. do a little bit everyday
3. Ask your loving husband to help
4. hire a maid
5. change in routines are hard - give yourself time to come up with new ones