BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Warning: sappy stuff ahead!!




Today is my 18th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it! Woke up this morning with the worst cold known to man...AUGH!!! More on that in a minute. Also woke up to my hubby giving me a kiss on the cheek, before he went out the door to work, and telling me he loved me. SIGH!!! ( I did warn you about sappy stuff) 18 years people!! That is a long time. I met this man when I was just 15. We dated for about two weeks and then he got a hair cut. See he had this major afro going...then got it all cut off. I went over to his house to see him and when he walked around the corner and I saw him I felt my heart leap out of my chest and fall gently in his hands. He has had it there ever since. As you can imagine with this being an interracial marriage we've had our share of ups and downs. Mostly ups. He's a good man, my Capt and I love him dearly. I cannot imagine being married to anyone else. My daughter always tells us she will not settle for anything less then what we've found together. It is the highest of compliments to me. He just came home from work with this.....



It's a chest from China.....
















The basket of roses is for Valentines day. Yep we got married on Valentines day. We drove to Vegas and got "hitched" by the Justice of the Peace. See, we couldn't afford to be married in a chapel of love and the JP was only $25 at the time. :) heehee The stories I could tell of trying to hang on to this man admidst parental worry...a year away (dad was in the Air Force and when I graduated we moved to Sicily...hubby still had a year to go in High School) and half the country against us at the word go. 18 years later what do I have to say about it all??? I would do it again in a minute! I don't regret a second. So raise your glasses everyone for a toast...To my hubby...may I always make you as happy as you have made me, may our life together be an exciting one and may we always remember that it is God who leads us and keeps us.

I am off to eat shrimp and scallops...the hubby felt that since I was sick he'd cook..and then tomorrow we are going out for steak and lobster! Life is good everyone!

15 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Cheers to you! Happy Anny! I hope you enjoy your lovely home-cooked meal. And holy smokes thats an AWESOME chest from China! Have a great 18th!

~jen~

Anonymous said...

Dawn and Kareem,
Dad and I wish you a Happy Anniversary. We love having Kareem in our lives. We can celebrate when I come. Have a great day! Love to all,
Lots of love
Dad and Mom

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary!! How awesome that you've been together for so long! Lovely piece of furniture too.

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary. =)

Friday would be great and I will be looking forward.

How do you normally get to the market? Do you taxi? Drive? Subway? I am game for whatever you usually do. I would love to bring some of my stuff but I wouldn't want to carry it around at the market. If you have a car can we stash my crazy quilting stuff in your trunk? Even if you leave it on post just so it stays safe. I hope to see some of your goodies too so I hope you bring some quilts so I can look at.

Here is my e mail address-
crazyseoulsister@yahoo.com

Lillian

Jodi said...

Congratulations to you both!

My husband and I met when we were 14 and 13 and married at 17 and 18. We ran into the same crap as you but we are on year 14 this year.

Getting married young doesn't mean it won't last! You are proof.

Enjoy your anniversary!

Shelina said...

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Anniversary. What a sweet story.

Elaine Adair said...

Sappy, and lovely! Happy Anniversary, and may your cold go away quickly!

My Thanh said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...you are both amazing and deserve only the best...each other! Much love to you both too on this Valentines Day. We miss you bunches!

Allie said...

Great job, it's so nice to know there are other people in the world that "still" love their husbands as dearly as you do!
My hats off to you and to the next 18 years!

AVIDINHA said...

happy anniversary!

Granny said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you although by it's the 15th where you are.

Susie said...

Happy Anniversary!
18 years is a real achievment!
Hope you feel better soon!
:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!