BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Workin'


Hi everyone!!! I have to work today. I am the Geometry teacher this morning. I went and met the teacher yesterday after school to see what he wanted from me and to ask questions. I made sure I didn't have to teach anyone anything cause if so....well God help em' is all I gotta say!!!
We had two young men over for dinner last night. They are both in 10th grade ( I think) and soooo nice!!! I made spaghetti and they stayed til 9:30. I laughed so hard at all their stories that I woke up this morning with a headache. :) They both left full and happy. It makes you feel kinda nice when you can do something for someone else!! Anyway, today I am off to school to make some money for my honey!! I got my signature blocks all finished for the siggie swap I joined and they turned out to be perfect 6 1/2" WHEW!!!! I was sweating the measurements big time!!! It's okay when you're making your own quilt but when other people are counting on you to get it right the pressure is on. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!! Now I gotta get those blocks in the mail. They have to go all the way to Australia!!!
Happy Tuesday everyone!
dawn

4 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

I'm glad your spaghetti was a smashing success. I hope geometry goes well. If all else fails, take them out to shoot pool- its really just geometry mixed with a little fun. I'm very curious to hear how much it is to mail things to Australia. Surely, it cannot be too much?? I mean... we're 1/2 way there, in SKorea.

Have a great day at the escula!
~jen~

Jenna said...

Hope you had a great day teaching geometry!! I would totally suck!! I'm sorry you're so sad...but this means that you'll just have to come visit BOTH of us!

Have a great evening girlfriend!

Lil said...

That sounds great. Wednesday is good for me and so is
Friday. Do you want to go to the market? If so, Friday would be better day for the market for me. I would love to see if you know where quilty stuff is that I don't or if we are going to the same places. =) Or we could meet and just stitch at the CAC or whatev.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

mathematics and all things calculating, seam to be the draw of the type of people to quilting...other words, if you like those things, you like quilting. I also find nurses are drawn to quilting as well. That's probably the highest percentage background from our members. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I imagine it was my messy room you saw, but, it's clean now...smile...work work work...