BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

grapes..grapes...everywhere grapes!

Today Kareem came home and took me out for lunch. We tried a new place. It had a chicken on the front of the building so we figured we were safe. As soon as we go in and sit down the waitress comes over and asks us if we want "some get tongue" this my friends is chicken soup. Now a Korean friend of ours told us how to say chicken soup so we were pretty excited about recognizing a word. We got two bowels of soup. The waitress also brought over a small caraf with a liquid in it. I thought it may be something to flavor the soup with but when we tasted it we knew it was SOUJU! For those of you who don't know what that is I will explain. Souju is a 100% alcohol drink. It tastes and smells like rubbing alcohol. Now I know you are saying...how do you know what it tastes like...well for the sake of good blogging I had to sample. You can't be a good reporter if you don't know the facts. For you my friends and family I sampled the souju. Whew! It is really strong! You are probably wondering if I like it?? Well, to be honest, yep! :) heehee It's not bad..not something you can have all the time but it wasn't bad. Now the people here drink it like water so to get some souju as a side order (free) is not surprising. Even at 12 in the afternoon. They drink it any time of day. You can pretty much tell who has had a trip down the souju path. Okay, back to the story. I looked over at another table and they had two plates of delicious looking grapes. I asked the waitress if I could have some also and she explained to me that they brought them in themselves. No, none of this was in a language either of us understood. We used hand gestures and said hmm a lot. About the time we were done eating, the other table told the waitress to give us one of the plates of grapes!! How awesome is that?!?!?! And they were good grapes too! I ate them all. It's funny, I've been thinking. If you smile at someone and make an effort, no matter what language you speak, you can make a friend anywhere. So the grape ladies are our friends for life now. If you are reading this grape ladies...comsameda for the grapes! That's thank you to the Korean-speak challenged. Tomorrow is a new day so there is no telling what will happen. I can tell you one thing...I am enjoying this trip like I never thought I would. The people are lovely, my kiddos are happy and content and the hubby has his name on sign telling one and all that the Capt is in residence so he is happy as well. What more can you ask for! On-yo-say-oh! (bye!)

0 comments: