BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 13, 2007

Yeesh...they're baaaaack

Last night the two oldest came home from their missions trip with their youth group at church. I was pretty excited to see them and hear all about this life changing (um-hmmm) event. I had pictured in my mind the conversation we would have on the way home about how they had grown because of their "service unto the Lord". Again....um-hmmmm. Here is how it really went.

1st - The bus was late. And I mean late. We have a curfew here on base. You can't get on or off base from 12 midnight to 5am. What time did they get in?? 11:30pm. I had to hightail it in the van to pick them up cause the Capt had to work the next day and let's get real...HE wasn't going. They were on the base 5 minutes from here. I'm thinking, okay, I can get them and bring them home and still be under curfew and I'm excited to see them after 4 days.
I get to the church and here is what happened.......

middle daughter (MD)- Comes running to the car and hops in the front seat...announces we must take ------- home who lives off base.

Wonderfully Kind Son (WKS)- Runs to the car, throws open the front passenger side door and yells at MD "I called front seat!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been getting on my nerves all week now get in the back!!!" Yep folks he is a mature 17.

MD- rolls her eyes at him and lets him know she is not moving while the lovely folks who took my heathen children look on at how good a mother I am and see how wonderfully she has trained up her children. AUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Son- GET OUT OF THE FRONT SEAT!!! MOM MAKE HER GET OUT OF THE FRONT SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daughter- NO!!! I GOT HERE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that the time was clicking!!!!! I tell both of them, with my teeth gnashed together, to shut up and just get in the car! There is a curfew and I gotta get ------ home so we can get on base. The son gets in the waaaaaaay back, hunkers down and doesn't speak or look at anyone. I tell ------ to call her mom and ask if she can just spend the night and I will bring her home early in the morning, I can't get locked off base with THOSE two and who wanted them to come back anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????-------- Calls her mom and tells her what's up. She says...being the lovely Christian, "I guess I don't have a choice!" WHAT??????????????????? I am thinking that I am soooooooo over the parenting here!!! And...and why didn't you come and pick your own kid up????? I get us home and go to bed. The Capt rolls over and says to me.."Did you get my gym bags out of the car?" Yes ladies, he did. After I ripped his teeth out, heehee thought about it, I said "Yep, I just live to serve you". He rolled over and wisely left me alone just as I hear ------ leave. She had to call a taxi and went home. I couldn't believe it. I think my brain blew up all over the room. Then...oh yeah...THEN!!! That stinkin cat of boo-bears cried for an hour cause he couldn't find her!!! She was staying the night over at a friends house. I came out of my room like a bat out of hell to kill him and he ran behind the wall unit just as I stubbed my toe.

Yep. Life at Chez' Owens. What a ball. Yeesh!!!!!!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I think that you'll need to take a nap today!! But you are a great Mom!!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE A GREAT MOTHER! I saw first hand how wonderful you are. Maybe there was a little to much togetherness for those buggers. You have so many talents and one of those is your parenting skills. If I could choose any woman to be my daughter, it would be YOU!!! I had the greatest experience for 2 weeks when I came to visit. You are soooooooooo fun, loving, beautiful, creative and full of grace. I love you, my bestest friend. Keep doing what you are doing, because you are the best.
With MUCH love,
Mom

Elaine Adair said...

Note to your blessed Mom ... what a treat to read your words to your daughter ... brought tears to my eyes - thank you.

Anonymous said...

You are the best mom I have ever seen! I never spent a day with your family that I was not filled with wonder! So... to those days that have us at our wits end! I can only say tomorrow will be better! Though I was laughing till there were tears in my eyes!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I'm sorry but i just love you!!!! you are real and i am so pleased that there is a little surprise for you over on my blog! LOL Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, now i want your Mum as well!! Tracey

Kairle Oaks said...

I stumbled across your blog today and really got a kick out of this post. Our family has planned a five day trip to Calif. next week and I've already threatened to stay home!!! Five days with six people in the van! lol! I'm sure I'll need my own vaction once we get back!

Love your sense of humor!!!