BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 14, 2007

You like me!! You really like me!!!!

OH WOW!! OOOOOOOOH WOW!!! Tracey over at ozcountryquiltingmum.blogspot.com ( I know, I know, there is a way to link to another persons blog. Suzie has even written to me in an email I saved buuuut can't seem to find, directions on how to do it. There is just a little known fact about me......I can't read directions. heeheehee Really. I can't. Ask any of my friends. It is a well kept family secret here at Chez' Owens. Well, they all keep it a secret cause it embarrasses them. I tell anyone and everyone. :) )
K, back to the topic at hand......Tracey tagged me for the DA-DA-DA-DA (cue horns) "THE THINKING BLOG AWARDS!!!!"(thethinkingblog.com/2007/02/thinking-blogger-awards_11.html) I am now and forever more a somebody!!!!!! Who to thank... I thank Tracey, and my mom, and my 4th grade teacher, ummmm and the post man just cause he's kinda cute, and Jake Gyllenhol cause he is cute to. heehee This is so much fun!!! Thank you Tracey!!!
I started blogging to keep a journal of our two years here in Korea. Many times families come here with their military spouses and hate it. They stay in, don't try anything and are just plain miserable. I promised myself that I would look on the bright side of everything and keeping this blog is part of it. I got so much more though. I met a bunch of "crazy-funny-sweet-kind-hilarious-get the tissues now people" by reading their blogs. My mind has been opened to new ideas, I've gotten weepy, laughed til I cried...the list just goes on and on.
Now I get to nominate 5 other bloggers that I love. Okay here we go.....

1. Ree- thepioneerwoman.com
She makes me la-a-ugh!!! I read her blog first every day and not once has she disappointed. Reading about her life takes you back to simpler times. She blogs daily about life on a ranch from a city girls perspective. Did I say she's funny??!
2. Bec (http://bekahbyrd.blogspot.com)
I've know Bec for going on three years now. She is one of the neatest people I've ever met. She is someone who has taken a childhood of just horrible conditions and turned her life into something wonderful. Go on over and read what she posted for today. I love you Bec!!!
3. Dad Gone Mad (http://www.dadgonemad.com) Do not, under any circumstances, do not be drinking anything while reading his posts!!! You will shoot coffee out your nose! He is hilarious! He writes about his every day adventures with his kids and how they get the best of him. F-u-n-n-y!
4. http://suburbanturmoil.blogspot.com I love this blog. Sometimes she throws a topic out there, with her take on things, and WOW!! Reading what people have to say is pretty interesting. Plus she makes me laugh and I'm big on that. :)
5. Tracey (http://ozcountryquiltingmum.blogspot.com) She lives in Australia!!!! Australia people!! I mean how neat is that! I love reading all about her life. From the chooks ( that's chickens for those of you not "in the know") to her quilting adventures.
Whew. There are my five. There actually are a bunch. I'm kinda embarrassed to tell you how many blogs I read, hold on, let me go and count cause even I'm not sure....77. Yeah, I need to get a life. This was so much fun!!! Thanks again Tracey...big hugs and a smooch from me to you! Now go and check these people out folks and say hi!!! Plus the 5 I tagged now gotta do the same!
dawn

4 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh yes i really do, Sally Field at the Oscars wasn't it-(a life mispent!) A privilege to nominate and be nominated back. Cheers, tracey

Anonymous said...

And I got to get you back! I don't know if I am allowed... but I am breaking the rules! I am such a rebel!

Lauren The Artist said...

I thought, certainly, you'd "like to thank the academy" hee hee. Now the pressure is on for your Bloggy award! Is this what the golden globes is to the Oscars??!! Actually, can I have your autograph? :)

~jen~

Jenna said...

Who wouldn't like you!! I know I do!!