BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Being an Auntie...

While I'm at the Rents' house my brother and his family decided to make the trip up here and visit. He's got him a passel of kids ya'll...a passel! 3 boys and a girl. All of em cute as a button. First up we have these two. Twins! Can you stand the cuteness?!?!?!?! Double trouble! Two times the fun!! I could eat these two with a spoon...especially every time the one on the left comes up and says to me.. "you're my Aunt Dawn" and I say "yes love I am" then he smiles and says "you made me my blanket" the quilter in me then melts like butter all over the floor.


This one here?? Oh he's all boy. First one in the pool, last one out and talking about stuff the whole time. I could listen to all of his thoughts for the rest of my life and still want more time to savor the deliciousness. He is simply yummy.










Let us not forget the youngest guy in the fam. Here he is sleeping on his grandpa on a warm sunny day while his brothers play with Boo-Bear in the pool. You know how laundry smells drying on the line?? All soft and fabulous?? Well there is this spot on the back of his neck that smells just like that. I am planning on moving there and never leaving.







And let us not forget these beauties! Middle Daughter and my Niece. Clothes have been tried on, makeup tips have been gone over and hair has been discussed. Cousins are a wonderful thing.











You know what the best part of all this has been?? Amidst all the craziness of having a house full...a cat that keeps trying to escape.....two dogs that can't hide fast enough....some jet lag....the best part is seeing how great of a father my little brother has become. The other night he was holding his littlest one in his lap as he drifted off to sleep, he was having a deep conversation with the boys about life liberty truth and justice for all when I got a little teary. Here was my baby brother...the one who used to hold me down so he could toot on me..the one I fought with like cats and dogs...here he was..all wonderful. He's turned out to be this caring, loving man and it is so neat to watch.
That has been the best part of all.

6 comments:

buffi said...

Awww! I'm so glad that you are enjoying this time with your family. What a gorgeous bunch of kids!

mascanlon said...

Such cute kids. And I know just what you mean about little brothers. I have 3 younger brothers who have turned out to be the most amazing men. Wonderful with their children and devoted to their wives. I still remember them sharing an attic room and fighting like cats and dogs. I like to think its the influence their big sisters have...don't you!

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh this just makes me miss my sister and her children SO much! She lives in England and its just too far away..... Enjoy every minute with your family.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi gorgeous!!!
No, I'm not dead, just WAY behind!!
So glad everything went pretty well with the flying. Your family all look great. Have fun, Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

And I would love to know why "coolah" in NSW comes up for me on all thse live feeds-that is 1000 kms away! Tracey

Jenna said...

Hope you have a grand time with your family! Looks like a lot of fun.