BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Ferret Man

So tonight my Dad took me to my Mecca....Borders Bookstore. I love love love to go in a bookstore, look around, pick out a bunch of books and then score a seat. I sit in that seat and read. I am happy there. It is my happy place. :) Tonight while I was reading Jen Lancaster's Book (seriously....buy her books!!! She is hilarious!!) in a seat away from the hustle and bustle of book-buyers I noticed a man walking rapidly towards me. He had on a looooooooooooooooong black jacket. It was the first thing I noticed. Then I saw his eyes. They were pretty crazed. I have this habit of attracting the weird, which I love cause it makes my days more interesting. So anyway, as this guy whips around corners grabbing books I think to myself "hey, if people suddenly turned into animals this guy would totally be a ferret." Guess where the Ferret Man decided to sit?? Yep. Right. Behind. Me. With all of his 20007 books. He had an enormous pile of books!! He hurries and sits down then starts to talk quietly to himself while I strain to hear. I needed to know what he was saying in case I needed to make a run for it. He stopped talking after about 5 minutes. Then I really needed to know what he was reading. I really needed to know. I mean, was he perusing books on bomb building?? Dinner parties?? Woodworking?? How to bury the people you kill?? What was he reading???????!!!! I tried to be all stealth-mode while I turned around in my seat to get a better look. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd guess who was looking back at me?? If you are saying the Ferret Man you would be correct! I pretended that I had a crick in my neck and stretched saying "Yeah, that's better!" I'm not thinking he bought it cause he hugged all 20007 books tightly to himself and I think I may have heard him say "ssssssssshe will nevvvvvvvver get you my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssss!" It was around that time that my dad came to get me and say it was time to go.
Happy reading Ferret Man!!

4 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Strange... a jacket in the middle of summer. And the rest is pretty strange as well. I bet he wanted to know what you were reading too. What animal do you think, he thinks you are? A chameleon? For your stealthy undetected ways???? HAHAHAHA. ~jen~

Sweet P said...

What a funny story! I hope he enjoyed his books! A ferret is a good description of him.

Elaine Adair said...

Well .... no photo? LOL

Leigh said...

OOOOOOOO........I wonder what books he had? Did you watch the news at all after that to see if he was a headline somewhere?!