BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 05, 2009

Finally!!!

Today I got my house back. Bliss. Heaven. Nirvana. Everyone is back where they belong. The hubby and son are both at work and the girls are back in school. Vacation is ovah!! It was nice having them home but it sure is nice to be able to get my house to myself. I know this is gonna sound really ungrateful for the wonderfulness that is my family but Jeez Louise! I couldn't take the noise anymore! And why with all the places to sit in a house does everyone wanna sit by the mom???? And why do they ALL have to tell the mom things ALL the time?? And show us things?? And call us to "come here"??? And is everyone else's family so neeeeedy?? If one more person came up behind me while I was trying to make myself some toast and asked "what cha' makin us for breakfast?" I would've lost my mind.
Do not even get me started on the laundry. Or the mess. Good gravy, I will be in here all day long trying to get things back to normal.

Today I will turn on MY I-pod and listen to MY music. The dreaded TV will be off. The phone will not ring. The word mom will not be heard all day long. I will get out my cleaning supplies. I will dust and vacuum and wash and spritz and launder. I may even....hold your gasps...I may even cook a nice dinner.

The holiday season is over. Thank God we all made it out alive.

8 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

I'm glad you're back to your peaceful Monday. I know how you love the clean-Monday-days. Viva Jan 5th!

Anonymous said...

When our boys were young and life was such as you describe and all I would hear from morning until night was "Mom, I need ____" "Mom, where are you" Mom, {this or that}" I would ignore them...yep, they weren't talking to me... I finally would tell them I had changed my name, it was not longer MOM. I would ignore any requests for information about what I had changed my name to. EVENTUALLY they got the idea to back off and leave me alone LOL

Enjoy your day alone. Me? I am headed back to the office after almost 2 wks of blissful vacation time!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

Jodi said...

LOL!

You wouldn't survive at my house then. I had 7 kids in my face all the time.

But I already miss them. :(

Leigh said...

Amen sista! And today was very cold and rainy, just a yucky day to go to school or work, but I got up and smiled and got everyone ready! "Have a great day honey!" I have my iPod on right now and I am getting ready to finish my exchange blocks that are due next week! Then I will plan the week. We are having about 20 people over to have a farewell party for Glenn, which is only the following week!

Kim West said...

I hear you!! Mine don't go back to school until the 13th!!! I have another week of what you just described!

buffi said...

Preach it sista! I was about ready to throw that new Wii out the window if I heard one more child say "Moooommmmyyy! He won't let me play...."

God bless those teachers. I should have waited and given them Thank you for coming back to school presents. Maybe a nice bottle of vodka. If there's any left when I'm done with it....

Chocolate Cat said...

We still have another 3 weeks of holidays to go!!!!! I love having them home but by the end all I crave is the routine again.

Mary Johnson said...

Keith and I both looked at each other when he got back from taking my son and DIL to the airport and said how nice it was to have them visit but equally nice to have them go HOME!