BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

It was too good to last...

The phone rang this morning at a very early 6:15am. I ran downstairs to get it and listened in disbelief as a recording informed me that our kids were getting a snow day due to an ice storm on the way.

ARE THEY FOR REAL??????! I looked outside and didn't see anything. Just a very light......VERY LIGHT....dusting of snow. Maybe a flake or two. I let the dog out while rethinking my plans for the day. (big whine coming...) I had things to do!!! Plans!!! Important things!!! I was gonna watch a movie and get out some of my quilting books, patterns, magazines. I am itching for a new project and today was THE day to pick a little sumpin sumpin out. I finished a rockin' pin cushion from one of the stitchery's I got from chookyblue and my hands were ready for something else to dig into. I mean really people, did I clean all day long yesterday and do 8 ka-trillion loads of laundry for nothing?? Oh, and...AND when I let the dog out ( she usually runs out front, does her business and then shoots back in letting me off the hook for a very early morning walk) she ran. Far. Far far far. I was out there in Antarctica weather with my bed head and pj's yelling "Abbey wanna treat??? Abbey....TREAT!! ABBEY!!!!!!!!!!" Yeah, the neighbors love me. She finally took pity on me and decided to come on home. She had the nerve to grin and beg for a treat. Didn't happen.

Just looked outside and holy moly the ice storm commeth.

I'm off to hide in my sew room for the day. If anyone needs me round here they'd better think twice! hmph.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm sorry girl! Is there enough room in the house for everynone to just be in their own space? Put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up and continue with your day! You've earned it!

Lauren The Artist said...

Does the sewing room have a locking door? I think this is an important question! Besides- you've got swap blocks to work on. =)

Jeri is said...

Gosh, I can relate. The week before winter break we had snow and school was cancelled. Husband and both kids were home. Oh the agony. I did get alot of sewing done. My family tends to leave me alone when I sew. They have been trained that way. As for the dog, she's been trained, too. We yell, "Rosie, you wanna treat? Rosie, treat?" and she'd usually come. Sometimes we had to shake the box to know we meant real treat business. Now, that doesn't work. She's deaf. :( If she is being stubborn, and she often is, we have to go get her. She's got us well trained now!

Anonymous said...

Sorry! Do hang something on the door, put food out and tell them not to coming in unless there's some bleeding going on! It doesn't work in my house!!!

Chocolate Cat said...

I hope you let them sleep for half of the day then let them sit on the computer or in front of the tv in pjs and eat whatever they wanted as long as they didn't make a mess and didn't annoy you!!!