BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Yellow Springs..ice cream....witches...


So my mom and niece are here for a little visit. We didn't have anything to do today and decided to hop in the car to check out Yellow Springs. I love Yellow Springs!! It is so cool there!!! The hubby and I checked it out last week to get the lay of the land.
There is a section in town that is two blocks full of neat little shops. Book stores....a Green store....a vegan eatery that we totally enjoyed cause we'd never had vegan anything and if you are ever offered vegan pie there is just no way to pass up such an opportunity and much Yuuuuummming was had til the hubby told me it was made of tofu. heh. Capt Joy Suppressor there folks.
Anyway, today Young's Dairy was on the agenda. Jen told me they have some awesome ice cream and as I am quite the ice cream aficionado I was all about getting me some o'that there stuff. We map-quested and headed out.
The ice cream was all I had heard about and more. I had chocolate chip gellato and about died on the spot. It. Was. That. Good.
We ate until we could eat no more and then decided to check out the local Wiccans. Now let me just say right now that I don't care what religion anyone is. I just had never seen a real live Wiccan and was told that there is a large community there in Yellow Springs. I had to see for myself what was what. I had my moms put on some dark glasses, we buckled up the kids, put on some Mission Impossible theme music and were off. We drove around for awhile trying to find one. No dice. Then we came upon a house set back in the woods.....
There was this little beauty on the outside wall. I pulled over to the side of the road and got my camera out. We looked around nervously cause hello! You do not want to piss off someone who can turn you into a toad with just a finger snap. I got a picture and we shot off.
All in all a very productive day. :)
Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!!!

5 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

LOVE Yellow Springs!

mascanlon said...

You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Remember the antidote for any spell...chocolate!!! Just in case.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I want some of that icecream too!!!

Leigh said...

You are too funny! I have this vision of you in a hat, BIG dark glasses, snooping around with your camera! Wish I was there!!! I would have been right there with you while Jen was in the car! Love ya Jen!