BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 22, 2007

Hell's Kitchen


The following photos were taken by Downstairs Jen...I left the camera at home.SIGH!!
Okay, went to the market again with Downstairs Jen and 5th floor Tanya. Usually the market is a happy place for us...lots of shiny things to buy and weird food to giggle about. Today was a little different. We must've taken a wrong turn cause we ended up in a section of the market we've never been to before. When we turned the corner we saw this happy guy...
He is selling live (for now) rabbits and hens. The things on the bottom left were dead (ewwww) pheasant or ducks of some kind. My brain started yelling "THE HORROR! THE HORROR!!! RUN THE OTHER WAY!!! DON'T LOOK!! OH MY GOSH I CAN'T STOP LOOKING!!!" We were fascinated at this point and wanted to investigate a little further...silly silly us..here is what we came upon next...


These are puppies for sale..they were about $20 a piece. There are more dead pheasant on top of the cages. The bunnies were alive and just sitting there. I went up to one and whispered "run!! freedom!!!" he didn't go anywhere. By this time we three are looking at each other and all of us were thinking Krogers this ain't so it's time to go the other way. When we turned around we saw this delight.....
This is the before and after duck slaughter. I know, I know, for those of you out there in the world who have markets instead of grocery stores to get your meat you're thinking what is weirding you out about this. I've just never seen anything like it. My hamburger is usually between a bun and my duck comes already cooked by a cutie named Jocque'. This made me feel kinda sad. Don't even get me started when I peeked inside of a shop and saw the bunny guts and just skinned fur on the ground!! On a lighter note I did find something that looked like one of my little brothers.........
heeheehee I'll let you guys (Jeff, Mike and Matt) decide who this is..heeheeheehee Just a little big sister humor!!
Hey we did see the cookie guy again and I bought a ton of Korean cookies to bring home and hear my family sing the "you are the bomb mom" song. Can you guess what I am having for breakfast??!
So goes another wonderful trip to the market...have a great day everyone!!!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Remind me if I ever come to Korea to avoid that particular market!
I saw a similar one in Mexico and it wasn't pretty...

Elaine Adair said...

Well, I wanted you to know I visited, but like Susie, I don't want to see that market, ever.

Just call me, "Mrs. Pull the covers/quilts over my head!"

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh YUCK!!!! I would have been out of there!