BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 08, 2007

the time has come...

Well...it's happened. I am now gainfully employed. SIGH! BIGGER SIGH!!! I start substitute teaching sometime this week. I go in tomorrow to get some days. I'm not to sure how I feel about it. The Capt is a happy man let me tell ya!! He is seeing bills being paid as we speak. You want to know something funny.......shhhh don't tell anyone what I am about to tell you...this is in the vault girls!! For those of you not "in the know" the vault is where we put each others secrets and then we lock it and keep them in there. Okay...back to me...the funny thing was when the secretary called to tell me I had the job the first thing I thought was..."hey, am I going to have time for quilting??" The second thought was..."OH MY GOSH MY HOUSE IS GONNA FALL APART!!!" Now I know that the days I do have to sub I will be home by 3 but still!!! This will seriously cut into my fabric shopping time! I have decided to suck it up! 12 years is long enough to be at home. At least that is what the hubby says...he may be a little worried about retirement and maybe is thinking we should start saving a ton of money...why did I have to marry a practical man??!!! Anyway, I will keep everyone abreast of what goes on as I try my hand at subbing....the way trouble finds me this should be pretty good. Wish me luck everyone!!
dawn

7 comments:

tami said...

Good Luck. :oD

Anonymous said...

The vault...cough cough...much laughing...top secret? Until Dawn slips the beans...or should I say that Kareem has the combonation for that one...cough cough...much more laughing...hee hee! Love ya girl! You were the last one holding out! All of us domestic engineers handing in our liscenses...

Susie said...

Good luck as you return to work!
:)

Aunt Joan said...

Dawn,
Don't sell yourself short. You will be wonderful at your job, and they are lucky to have you. Once you get into the swing of things-, you will wonder what took so long. I love you and they are the lucky ones.
Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

I hope the transition is an easy one for you.....and you can say no to working on your sacred Mondays!!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, going back is rough. I stayed home for only two years and started back part-time myself. Honestly, it does work out. I am up to full time (well, I work as an educational sign language interpreter, so I only work 9 months out of the year.) Anywho, if you have to go back to work, education is the best one. Especially subbing with no lesson plans to do!

Also, get ready for some late nights to quilt. Don't worry, the body adjusts to it...

Anonymous said...

Did you just hear that? Is your house quiet? There it is again...

CHA'CHING!

Going back to work is going to be awesome. Hang in there!

~the*downstairs*jen~