BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 12, 2007

my first day of work...

Well today was my first day of work after 12 and a half years as a stay at home mom. I HAD A BLAST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to sub for a 2nd grade teacher. There were 19 kids in the class...5 of them with special needs. It felt so good to be back out there!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I was worried if I'd like it or not or if I'd mess up cause I've been home to long. Let me tell you......when I played freeze tag with them...I had em eating out of the palm of my hand!!!! I can't even tell you what it feels like to know that I just brought some "bacon" home!! heehee Or as my hubby calls it "bacon bits". :) You know what was kinda weird??? I ate lunch in the Teachers Lounge! What a trip!!! There I was...in no man's land. I even talked...using big grown up words!!! It was just to weird. THE TEACHERS LOUNGE!! I remember walking past there in school and trying to peek in if a teacher was walking out. I so badly wanted to know what went on in there....NOW I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was really nice to me and told me to have a nice day. One guy even asked for my name and said he might ask for me when he's out next week. I am exhausted now. It just hit me this very minute....I'm off to take a nap. I gotta take this back to work thing slow! heehee Thanks for all of the kind words of encouragement you all gave me out there. It helped a lot! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
me

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*AWESOME* You know what I remember about the teachers lounge? It was the only room in the school that billowed smoke. Wow. Bacon bits, that is too funny! Good job! Are you booked for Monday yet?

~TheJen~

Anonymous said...

Dawn...you are so awesome! I wish I had had someone as wonderful as you when I was in school! I am sure you will be the #1 requested sub! As no one can resist your charm! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I am happy the first day went well. Bacon bits!! That is hilarious

Busy Mom said...

Way to go!!b

Kim West said...

congrats -

too funny on "bacon bits" --

Susie said...

So wonderful that you had such a great experience your first day back!
Two of my grandchildren are 2nd graders! Such a fun age!
:)