BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 01, 2006

My Morning Out with "Downstairs Jen"

Went out this morning with Downstairs Jen. We hit the Starbucks at the mall. No, that is not my plate only, :) one of the muffins is hers and the cocoa with the nice little dab of cream on it is hers at well. The carmelly goodness is mine and I got the Capt. a bliss bar which is in the box. Her little guy went with us and was wonderful as usual. After we got done we found that we had about 20 minutes before she had to get her older son so we hit the streets. Ummmm...that doesn't sound good does it...we went walking down the street to the van...there that sounds better. heeheee I have always wanted a "chestnut roasted on an open fire" so I got a bag of them from this guy. Do you wanna know how they taste?? Well so did I so after we got to the daycare center I opened one up and popped it in my mouth. IT WAS HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I didn't take a small bite either!!! I figured go big or go home so I stuck the whole thing in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never eat one of these again!!!!! It is roughly the size of your thumb so you can just imagine me in the van waiting for Downstairs Jen to come back and wondering if she would notice if I spit it out in her ash tray. AUGH!!!! I told myself if I could swallow a silk worm I could swallow this. SIGH!!! Next time she gets to try it out first!! heehee Now there is the bag of them sitting on the counter. The Capt has been wanting to try them as well so as soon as he gets home I am going to show him what I bought for him and tell him that they are just soooooooooooooooo good. I promise to get the camera for when he pops these little nasties in his mouth. That will teach him not to help with the Thanksgiving dishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heeheehaha ( laughing in a maniacle way)

This is the very nice Chestnut Man...No relation to Naked Man or Smoking on the Roof Guy. :)

1 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Downstairs Jen here, I didnt think the chestnuts were ALL that bad. Notice, I did NOT go back for seconds though. They're kinda like those boiled peanuts from Mexico. Maybe I just needed to wash those chestnuts down with Tecate, too. (which happens to be the ONLY way the peanuts taste good) :)
~TheJen~