BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The flower market...

Went to the flower market with Walker Jen today. Oh my gosh!!! This place was awesome!! It is three floors of everything you need if you like flowers and arranging them. Since my mom is coming for a visit in like 11 days I needed to scope it out to see if she would like it. The answer is HECK YEAH!!! I took some pictures. This is what you see when you get off of the elevator..

They even had little water thingies...


This was a pottery nook..

Here is a bunch of fake fruit and vegetables...


This little section was full! of bowls and floating candles..


The next floor was filled!! with flowers..bunches and bunches of them


MORE!! It smelled soooo good in here.


I have no idea what kind of flowers these were but each one had a little plastic cup around the flower part. Kinda neat!


Even more!!


heeheehee PARTY!!!


Across the stree was a basket/ribbon store. Here is just a small corner stuffed to the ceiling with baskets..

Check out one of the ribbon displays. I decided that I want to learn to do ribbon embroidery here and got a bunch of spools. Each spool is around $2! Is this place Heaven or what??!



This was my treasure of the day. I got some yellow flowers, a new vase and some rocks that looked great and I needed to have them as soon as I saw Jen pick them up and buy some. Go on over and check out her blog to get her take on the day. She took a couple of pictures I didn't get. The one with the little ole' man on the moped is great!!! Just look over on the left where I list the blogs I read and find her...Walker Jen. Bye everyone!!






5 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

I'm lovin my flower market loot. I really dont have many pictures from the flower market, today, but I do have two great photos of those modified trailer guys. I love that star quilt your flowers are on. I dont think I've seen it in person. Is it new? ~jen~

Jenna said...

I'm glad that you had fun at the flower market...too bad I couldn't go. Maybe next time!! I'm hoping to see you soon, maybe one day you'll just find me at your doorstep!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Thinking that the ones on the Lone star are freesias, do they smell nice? Thinking the ones with the cups are gerberas and lets burn Mum off, and just have me...that looks great!
Also, the lone star looks just like I'm making, did you do it by hand? Cheers, Tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I can't get to The Jen's blog by clicking on her name in your comments and going in through her profile as her blog name link isn't listed there. You may like to tell her that because others will be the same and she wont get visitors and that's no fun! tracey

Susie said...

Those flowers look so beautiful. I can only imagine the glorious smell.
What is ribbon embroidery?
:)