BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 16, 2007

update from Saint Dawn...

I took "The Son" to the store today to get an old phone we had turned on with minutes added. We were going to get it re-activated so that if there was ever another emergency I will be able to get in contact with all kids of mine. So we get to the store, hand the phone over to the lady, she looks it up online and says...get ready, "we cannot activate for ummmm maybe three weeks." Wha??? She explains to me, while I stand there confused, that since we haven't had the phone on in two months I must wait for another couple of weeks before they can activate the phone and give us a new number. This is a pre-paid phone. Yeah. I wasn't late on a bill I just didn't use the phone forever and it got put in a drawer. I kept trying to understand what she was saying cause that didn't make sense and gosh-darnit my son was in the middle of a bomb threat and HE...NEEEDS...A...PHONE...GET....HIM....ONE....NOW!!!!!! She again says " sorry you must come back in maybe three weeks." Maybe. I'm tickled again as I write this. Just makes no sense. Well by now I'm thinking my baby (yeah he's almost 18) needs a phone and I am not leaving here without one and the poor Korean lady is "looking worried about what the crazy American mom is going to do and why did I take this job anyway?!" The son is looking disappointed cause he has a date tonight and it would look really cool to nonchalantly check his phone for messages. I do the only thing I could do...hence the picture...

I buy him a brand-spankin-new-phone that takes pictures and makes neat noises when you press the buttons. TELL ME MY BABY CAN'T GET A PHONE!!!! Don't you people know he could be out there cold and hungry and lonely and sad and tired ect ect ect and not be able to get in touch with me so I can save him??!!! yeah, again, he's almost 18 and taller then the Capt. SIGH but he is sooo darned cute! As he was leaving for the movies he grins at me and says "call me!" heehee Again...so darned cute!!!

5 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Very cool with the handphone. Are you still going to activate the other phone in 3 weeks? Did you call him??

~jen~

Cynthia said...

wow!! what an eventful week you've had

Jenna said...

You know he just HAD to have the phone!! I would be doing the same thing!!

Jenna said...

I hope that you're feeling better!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Yeah, the phone would be coming home with my kid as well...and then by the end of the week I'd be yelling, "get off that phone and listen to me" and "How on Earth did you make that many calls" and "In my day, I successfully managed to have a relationship that ended in a wedding...and I didn't need to send 20 texts a day and blow a month's phone credit in 2 days!!"
That would be me, how about you!!?? LOL Tracey