BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The OCD Chronicles.....

Okay, confession time.... a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with a tad bit of OCD coupled with a tendency to get a smidge anxious. Since then things have been right as rain thanks to a small tablet (I call my vitamin) that I take every night at bedtime. I am able to handle it all now. It actually takes a lot to get me close to the edge. Well this week?? I am staring at the edge. I got home from my parents house...where it is all cozy and quiet...to a house that is so noisy we have people from China calling and telling us to hold it down. Not a problem, I was just tuning everything out. Though, since I'd been gone an unheard of three weeks they had gotten needy and had afixed themselves to my side and that was throwing my fung-shway off a bit. I could feel the blood pressure start to rise every time someone needed me in the morning...and can I just say they needed me a lot. Still, holding on remarkably well was I. Then I got a note on our door. Not just any note...noooooo...THE note. We have two balcony in our home. One is used for storage (and it is filled! Filled with a capital FULL) the other balcony is a nice sitting area. It has a comfy couch out there and a corner cabinet with cute little country things. My hubby likes to go out there when he is feeling Captain-ish and partake of a scotch whilst he smoketh a cigar. I sit out there and wax poetically in my head about his muscles whilst he is doing thus. Anyway, the note said that for the next month we need to clean out the BOTH balcony's of all stuff while they put up scaffolding on the building and re-do them. Umm did I mention we also have packers coming soon cause we are leaving in June?? Where in the world am I going to put everything!?!?! I could feel my breathing start to go out of control while I thought of the mess in the house for a solid month. Then I sat down and put my head between my legs. As soon as the hubby came home after work I showed him the note. He said, cause he is very supportive and loving, "hmmmm okay." WHA?! No! Not okay! I informed him that this was to much!! Much to much for me! He should call someone and explain that I cannot handle mess of that magnitude and that I understand they are scaffolding the WHOLE apartment building but that I do not care and they will need to come back after we are gone and re-scaffold to do my balcony's. I waved my arms and maybe, just maybe, I looked a tad panicked...but really! Can you blame me???? You know what he did then?????? Hmmmmmmm??? Do you??!?!?! He sighed and walked away. Then my head quietly exploded all over the house and I recalled every mean thing he had done to me since we were 15 and that really this whole thing was probably his fault anyway! I even thought to myself that the next time I took a shower I would get a towel really wet and put it on his pillow. heehee Yep, that sure would show him!!!
The balcony-re-fixer guys will be here in 4 days. I am not sure what I am going to do. Right now I am happily ignoring the whole thing in the hopes they will forget that there is a 3rd floor and just bypass me. In the meantime, if anyone out there has any xanex that they aren't using you can mail it to me along with some chocolate to

Dawn
1234 losing my mind Ave
All Holy Heck Is Fixin' On Breaking Loose, Korea
12334

I thank you for your time.
The End.

5 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Dawn I feel your pain.It made me chuckle just a bit though.

Mary Johnson said...

I can relate - I've got stuff sitting everywhere, partially packed, and every time I get things halfway straight in my sewing room I go back in there and mess it up again.

I know Keith is glad he's going to be gone for the next couple weeks because he's tired of hearing me whine.

Suburban Correspondent said...

military moves are always so much fun. I do love that they pack it for you, though.

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh my goodness !!!!! You are being so reasonable , they are being so unreasonable....and let me tell you just in case my husband reads this I am NEVER moving again! You need ice cream as well as chocolate.......

Granny said...

Doesn't sound like fun at all! I hope things don't get too crazy before you leave and these last few months pass quickly!