BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 28, 2008

My newest quilt..



I wanted to make a quilt to commemorate leaving Korea and heading back to the States. I wanted something patriotic-ee. This fit the bill nicely! I used scraps from my bins..lots of blues, whites, creams and reds with a touch of burnt orange thrown in. I love how it turned out. Now I just have to keep it out of my momma's hot little hands and I can put it behind the couch in our new home.


I got the pattern from.. McCall's Quilting magazine...the October 2006 issue. The designer was Gerri Robinson and is called Americana. Hope I put everything down I was supposed to!! :)

8 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

That looks awesome! I love the pieced border. Great quilt. ~jen~

Fannie said...

I've only done two quilts EVER. Yours put mine to shame.

Patti said...

Perfect for your new home. You have your priorities in order - first new thing for a new home should be a new quilt!

Leigh said...

I LOVE it! It turned out awesome, although I still think that it would look better in my new home! HAHA! LOL

TheOneTrueSue said...

Wow, what a great quilt! I'm so impressed that you are moving around the world and you've found time to make a quilt. And you're all positive. And not whining incessantly like me. You're - kind of awesome.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Tag! You're it for the Randomness MeMe. Go back to my blog for the rules.

(I just couldn't post this on your father's letter...*sigh*)

Hugs!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Tag! You're it for the Randomness MeMe. Go back to my blog for the rules.

(I just couldn't post this on your father's letter...*sigh*)

Hugs!

Susan said...

Beautiful quilt. Nice border design.
And done in my favorite colors.